When it comes to your workout, there are good reasons not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Finding Your Roots, Season 4 on PBS

Message 1 of 7

@MaVolta  We finished season one, and were expecting season two to show up in our mailbox, but received a movie instead. Obviously I need to move seasons 2 & 3 up in ye olde Netflix queue. Whoops.

Fascinating the way they put these episodes together! Can't wait to catch up! Of course now I want a pro to unravel the mysteries of our French Canadian/Algonquin/Basque/Irish-keep-your-secrets-to-the-grave side of the family. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

@ASTRAEA - Yes, this was a good pairing, and then they turn out to be DNA "cousins".

It was amazing that family secrets ran so deep that Larry David did not know that his mother's birth name was Regina. But given the history provided, it was understable how they came to trust no one. Even Bernie Sanders remarked that the conditions in Europe between wars were much worse than he had imagined. The genealogists must have done a remarkable job to find those records in Europe. It sounded like a lot of painstaking research was done. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

I've only watched "Finding Your Roots" a few times, enjoying each episode.

Last night, while switching channels, I just happened to see Bernie Sanders finding his roots on PBS. Very good episode. Very good show.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

@MaVolta - I loved last night's pairing of Larry David & Sen. Bernie Sanders! As a fellow Jew growing up in 1950s Brooklyn, I enjoyed seeing the old photos & videos .. and sadly those of their ancestors' hard lives in Poland, where mine came from as well!

The big difference is that I grew up with my grandmother, and she talked about her family .. no secrets. However my grandfather's family never left Europe, and the last communications I could find were from 1938, so I assume they were lost in the Holocaust .. and no one talked about his sisters & their families.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

@MaVolta Yes, thank you for posting this. I just went and put past seasons into the number one spot in ye olde Netflix queue. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

@MaVolta - Thanks for posting; I can't seem to keep up with this stuff!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Finding Your Roots, Season 4 on PBS

Message 7 of 7

Finding Your Roots, Season 4, with Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr. premieres Tuesday, October 3rd at 7 pm. He has a great line-up of 28 guests over 8 episodes. Details here . . .

https://www.familytreemagazine.com/articles/genealogy-fun/famous_family_trees/season-4-finding-your-...

Kudos
Views
Replies