Know someone over 50 who is making a difference? Nominate them for the AARP Purpose Prize.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Favorite TV Theme Songs

Message 121 of 126
One of the earliest I can remember as a kid was the "I Love Lucy" theme song.  Even little kids today know they're going to see "Lucy" when they hear that music. There are words to it, and Ricky sings it at least once in the series to Lucy.
My two most favorites are: CHEERS and GOLDEN GIRLS. 
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 122 of 126
what about Mash are Gun Smoke some of the longest running series on tv
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 123 of 126
In Response to Re: Favorite TV Theme Songs:
What about the Love Boat and Love American Style?
Posted by Fredwilner

Can you sing them for us? Or at least remind us of the words?
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 124 of 126
What about the Love Boat and Love American Style?
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Favorite TV Theme Songs

Message 125 of 126
Before the days when cool pop songs popped up during TV episodes, catchy ditties and impossible-to-forget musical themes introduced our favorite shows — from the scary notes that set the tone for "Twilight Zone," to the silly song that created the mood for "The Munsters.” (Don't know about you, but I can't forget that wacky song about "identical cousins" from the Patty Duke Show. Is that even possible??!!!)

If haven't already, check out our 10 Top TV Theme Songs, featuring video clips so you can sing along. Then vote for your favorite in the poll below (you'll have to be logged in) and join the discussion. Which great theme songs did we leave off our list? Which songs have stuck with you and why?

Maybe we can all work on word equivalents for our most-treasured musical memories - like buh-duh-bum-buh-duh-bum-buh-duh-bum-buh-duh-bum-buh-duh-BUM-BUM  — can you tell which theme song that is?
Laughing
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Favorite TV Theme Songs

Message 125 of 126
Before the days when cool pop songs popped up during TV episodes, catchy ditties and impossible-to-forget musical themes introduced our favorite shows — from the scary notes that set the tone for "Twilight Zone," to the silly song that created the mood for "The Munsters.” (Don't know about you, but I can't forget that wacky song about "identical cousins" from the Patty Duke Show. Is that even possible??!!!)

If haven't already, check out our 10 Top TV Theme Songs, featuring video clips so you can sing along. Then vote for your favorite in the poll below (you'll have to be logged in) and join the discussion. Which great theme songs did we leave off our list? Which songs have stuck with you and why?

Maybe we can all work on word equivalents for our most-treasured musical memories - like buh-duh-bum-buh-duh-bum-buh-duh-bum-buh-duh-bum-buh-duh-BUM-BUM  — can you tell which theme song that is?
Laughing
Kudos
Views
Replies