Honored Social Butterfly

FAVORITE CARTOONS

I have always enjoyed watching cartoons--those on TV and the big movie toons as well.  A few of my fav TV cartoons are The Flintstones, Charlie Brown, and currently Masha and the Bear which airs on The Universal Kids Channel.  A few of my fav animated movies are Sing, The Secret Lives of Pets, Kung **bleep** Panda, and Shrek.  Oh, and of course, all of the Toy Story movies except the one that dealt with death.  I believe that was number 3.  Anyway,  surely I'm not the only senior citizen who enjoys cartoons.  What are some of your favorite cartoons or animated movies?   

Honored Social Butterfly

Anyone else remember Merry Melodies? Those were so clever!

Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, Charlie Brown . . . check!

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Conversationalist

So many great cartoons have already been mentioned but cartoons aren't something that I think of often these days. Maybe I should start to again. After all, that's where some of my happiest memories are from. I always enjoyed Hanna Barbera and De Patie Freleng cartoons quite a lot.

Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear, Pink Panther,and so many more. George of the Jungle and Wacky Racers were favorites too. As a child, I lived for Saturday mornings! My children grew up watching cartoons from the 1980's era. He Man and Care Bears were steady fare for them. But we always enjoyed Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry too. I exposed them to as much of that type of animation as I could but I lived through the golden age of cartoons. So do many of you it sounds like! We are very lucky to have such great memories!

Some of my favorites that I didn't see mentioned though were  (in no special order) -

Mighty Mouse

Tom Terrific (on Captain Kangaroo)

Betty Boop

Heckyl and Jeckyll

Gumby  (Claymation)

Milton The Monster Show

Beany and Cecil

Dick Tracy

And others that I'll recall once I've sent this. But more recent ones include -

Beavis and Butthead

King of The Hill

The Nine Lives of Fritz The Cat (Adult movie and a bit older)

Team America World Police

So many fun memories. I'm gonna go watch some Tex Avery and Bob Clampett cartoons now on YouTube!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

The Flintstones

Looney Tunes - Bugs, Daffy, Porky and Yosemite Sam.

Tom and Jerry

The Groovy Ghoulies

Sing 

Zootopia

Classic Charlie Brown

The Jetsons

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

South Park

Bob's Burgers

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Just remembered a couple of other animated movies which I found enjoyable:

ZOOTOPIA

The Grinch Movie (2018)

giphy (3).gif

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png