Credit freezes are free under a federal law that just went into effect. Learn how to protect your credit.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Exciting News: "Sandition", Unfinished Jane Austen Novel coming to PBS Masterpiece!

Message 1 of 3

@ASTRAEA, @nyadrn...Yes! I was so excited when I got my Masterpiece email last week that I sent a link to all my friends.! Wahoo!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Exciting News: "Sandition", Unfinished Jane Austen Novel coming to PBS Masterpiece!

Message 2 of 3

@ASTRAEA wrote:

"Sandition" .. 

"Austen’s original 11-chapter fragment has been extended into a sumptuous 8 x 60-minute drama series by acclaimed screenwriter Andrew Davies (War & Peace, Mr. Selfridge, Les Misérables, Pride and Prejudice). The series will be executive produced by Rebecca Eaton at MASTERPIECE and Red Planet Pictures’ Creative Director, Belinda Campbell (Death in Paradise, Dickensian, Hooten & The Lady) and distributed by BBC Studios.>>

This sounds great...   thanks for sharing!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Exciting News: "Sandition", Unfinished Jane Austen Novel coming to PBS Masterpiece!

Message 3 of 3

"Sandition" .. 

"Austen’s original 11-chapter fragment has been extended into a sumptuous 8 x 60-minute drama series by acclaimed screenwriter Andrew Davies (War & Peace, Mr. Selfridge, Les Misérables, Pride and Prejudice). The series will be executive produced by Rebecca Eaton at MASTERPIECE and Red Planet Pictures’ Creative Director, Belinda Campbell (Death in Paradise, Dickensian, Hooten & The Lady) and distributed by BBC Studios.

Written only months before Austen’s death in 1817, Sanditon tells the story of the joyously impulsive, spirited and unconventional Charlotte Heywood and her spiky relationship with the humorous, charming (and slightly wild!) Sidney Parker. When a chance accident transports her from her rural hometown of Willingden to the would-be coastal resort of the eponymous title, it exposes Charlotte to the intrigues and dalliances of a seaside town on the make, and the characters whose fortunes depend on its commercial success. The twists and turns of the plot, which take viewers from the West Indies to the rotting alleys of London, expose the hidden agendas of each character and sees Charlotte discover herself… and ultimately find love. ..

Casting will be announced in due course, with filming expected to commence in Spring 2019."

You can sign up for e-mail updates!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Replies