Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Endeavour Morse Returns .. Season 6

Message 1 of 6

@ASTRAEA  - Did you finish out the series?

They had me until the very end! Had no idea what was coming. Great ending. Assuming there's a season 7, they will all have new jobs again.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

In the last episode, Morse was warned by Strange to watch his back and not trust any of his superiors. We find out they are all on the take, including Thursday.  At the end of the show, Bright calls Morse out to a traffic accident where a gun and other evidence is found, but the driver had fled the scene. Pathologist thinks the spent shell in the car is from the same gun that killed George Fancy at the end of Season 5.  

The length of time that goes by, and all that happens in between, I had forgotten about George Fancy. I had to look that one up on Masterpiece website!

Can't believe that next Sunday is the season finale!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

@MaVolta My PBS channel ran at least part of the last season, right before the new one, so that helped a lot. I'm still having problems staying awake thru the whole episode. I did read a spoiler a while back about season 6, so I do know that the corruption in the police department will be found out, and positions will be restored .. but I don't remember if that was all of them. I especially felt bad for Chief Superintendent Bright, who winds up doing PSAs about traffic safety.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

Yes, I watched it, but struggled to remember everything that happened in the last episode of season 5.  It is sad to see them all demoted, and their superiors seem arrogant and self-centered.

Were you surprised at the evidence Morse found in the church? I suppose there wasn't much more that could be done, but it at least gave Fred Thursday some closure on the case. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

Did anyone watch the 1st episode of Season 6 last night? Depressing to see the crew reassigned, and demoted, with the closing of their police station .. not to mention the Neanderthal attitudes of the officers in charge, who don't want uniformed coppers to think beyond observing & reporting!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Endeavour Morse Returns .. Season 6

Message 6 of 6

With "Unforgotten" ending this week on PBS, it's being followed by season 6 of Endeavour! Starting mid-1969, Detective Sergeant Endeavour Morse is sporting a mustache. When their police station is closed, he & Detective Inspector Friday wind up elsewhere .. amidst internal corruption. 

Kudos
Views
Replies