Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Gold Conversationalist

Re: Early TV programs Do You Remember These?

Message 61 of 186

You are correct: Guy Williams not Madison. Thought about that shortly after I posted.

Report Inappropriate Content
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 62 of 186

these were my favorites:

Bonanza

Lassie

Twilight Zone

Andy Griffith

Amos and Andy

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 63 of 186
I believe that was Guy Williams as Zorro. Guy Madison played Wild Bill Hickock (wait for me!).
Info Seeker

Message 64 of 186

Bobby Benson and the "B bar B ranch"

Buster Brown

Superman

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 65 of 186

Wow, seems like each of those you listed was a favorite of mine!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 66 of 186

Let's add "To Tell The Truth" with Bud Collyer.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 67 of 186

Yes: saturday mornings with Skylar King, Penny, the Songbird and Flying Crown Ranch! And Fury, My Friend Flicka and Whirleybirds.  In the evenings, Disney's version of Zorro with Guy Madison - who later portrayed the father on Lost in Space.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 68 of 186

Ah, 'The Best of Groucho' and the stuffed duck.  Who'd have thiought about the 'duck'  Awhile ago this stuffed duck appreared on an episode ofAntiques Road Show.  It seems a guy in Los Angeles purchased one of the ducks for not much money from an antique or thrift store in Hollywood many years ago and didn't think much about it.  Then whan Antiques Roadshow came to Los Angeles he thought he'd bring it in to get an idea of what it might be worth.  When the appraiser gave him its approximate 'auction' value, he was floored as to how valyuable it was, wow!

Info Seeker

Message 69 of 186
"Out of the blue of the western sky comes...Sky King!"
Gold Conversationalist

Message 70 of 186

Ah Queen For A Day.  i remember this show airing in the afternoons on Channel 7 in Los Angeles. It was hosted by Jack Bailey.  The premise:  at the start of the show, the camera would pan the audience consisted mostly of women.  Then the announcer would say "who wants to be queen for a day"?  Then it would zoom in on some lucky lady, but she'd not be chosen immediately to build up the suspense and after listening to her sob story then she'd be crowned, given a sceptre and a fur shawl.  Previously each women would give their 'sob story' as to why they should be chosen.  Then her story would be told, the audience would vote by applause, this before the lucky lady with the saddest 'sob story' was told. The prizes were usually something like a washing machine, dryer, vacuum or something like this.  This show aired from  1958-1960 on Channel 7 then aired on Channel 2.from 1961-1964. This show pales in comparison to such big prize shows like 'The Price is Right.

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors