Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Gold Conversationalist

Re: Early TV programs Do You Remember These?

Message 51 of 186

"Little Rascals" or an earlier version: "Our Gang"

Report Inappropriate Content
Gold Conversationalist

Message 52 of 186

Ozzie and Harriet. Uncle Miltie was a little before my time. Soupy Sales anyone? And who can forget Captain Kangaroo or Shari Lewis and her puppets: Lambchop?

Conversationalist

Message 53 of 186

How about Mickey Mouse Club, Loretta Young, Leave It To Beaver, As The World Turns, Lawrence Welk, Ed Sullivan Show, Carol Burnett, Shirley Temple.  I loved the old cartoons such as Popeye The Sailor, Tom and Jerry.

Conversationalist

Message 54 of 186

Do you remember: Sea Hunt with Lloyd Bridges &  Alfred Hichcock

Conversationalist

Message 55 of 186

Don McNeil's Breakfast Club was on the radio for years. That's where I remember it from. For the last couple of years it was telecast at the same time as the radiocast, and then it finally went away. From those early days I remember the organist, Korla Pandit, in the afternoon. Stan Chambers and a lady whose name I've forgotten did a show in L.A. called "Handy Hints," on KTLA Channel 5. Bill Stulla, the future Engineer Bill, had a daytime show called "Parlor Party" which included a segment of birthday kids. I was on it on my 5th birthday in 1951.

Conversationalist

Message 56 of 186

How about the Nelsons, Uncle Millie and the Untouchables? Anyone remember Big Chuck in Cleveland or Kookla, Fran and Ollie? How about Don Mc Neal’s Breakfast Club. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 57 of 186

My favorite western on Friday night after the Monkeeys were the Wild Wild West, starring Robert Conrad and Ross Martin. And on Sunday evening my favorite Syfy were Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, starring Richard Basehart and David Hedison.

BJ JOHNSON
Gold Conversationalist

Message 58 of 186

How about "The Dick Van Dyke Show"? His brother, Jerry, just passed away a few days ago. RIP.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 59 of 186

Either I lived on the wrong coast or those shows were slightly before my time. My memory bank goes back to the late 50's. I do remember What's My Line alsothough I don't remember really watching it. The others you mentioned are a blank.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 60 of 186

Remember Whats My Line?, Who Do You Trust?, Space Patrol, Rocky Jones Space Ranger?

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors