Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Conversationalist

Re: Early TV programs Do You Remember These?

Message 41 of 186
I remember! Anyone not recognizing the name Mickey Dolenz (The Monkees) Smiley Happy
Can’t recall who the male lead actor was that seemed to always take him underwing. Can see his face but not the name Smiley Sad(
Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 42 of 186
Wasn’t there a spin-off of Wagon Train with the guy who did the scouting for the ‘train’? Believe his real last name was Horton.
Gold Conversationalist

Message 43 of 186

And you are correct. It was an anthology type show. I did watch it; but obviously not all the episodes. I checked and had it confused with a short-lived early/mid 1960's TV series "The Lieutenant" which did star Gary Lockwood.

Conversationalist

Message 44 of 186

Men of Annapolis was a non-linear series, with episodes about different cadets each week. It might have had a host to introduce the stories, but I don't remember who.

Super Social Butterfly

Message 45 of 186

Broderick Crawford in Highway Patrol! 

Super Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 186

Broderick Crawford in Highway Patrol! 

Super Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 186
Do the Soupy Shuffle!
Gold Conversationalist

Message 48 of 186

Sea Hunt with Lloyd Bridges as ex Navy Captain Mile Nelson.  I remember this show well.  It played on Channel 2 CBS in Los Angeles in the late 1950's to about 1964.  Lloyd Bridges lived in my neighborhood on the northeast corner of Kingsland Avenue and Butler Avenue in the late 1950's.  I remember he lived a rather quiet and unassuming life and the time when his Cadillac sedan was stolen in 1960.  Shortly thereafter he moved to Pacific Palisades.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 49 of 186

Men of Annapolis! Without checking: not on very long and with Gary Lockwood?

Conversationalist

Message 50 of 186

I remember hearing the Alfred Hitchcock music. His show was after my bedtime. I've seen a lot of them since then, of course. I remember Victory at Sea, because my dad was in WWII, also Navy Log, West Point, Men of Annapolis.

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors