Medicare open enrollment begins Tuesday! Visit the AARP Medicare Resource Center for the information you need to make your best choices.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Early TV programs Do You Remember These?

Message 31 of 188

Anyone remember  Sky King and his daughter Penny?

This was a radio program that transitioned to TV...  wow I go way back  LOL

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 188

In the late 1950's, Monkee's Mickey Dolenz went by Mickey Braddock in a short lived series called "Circus Boy". It was broadcast about the same time as Disney's "Zorro".

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 188

Zorro was one of my favorites.  I also never missed Gunsmoke, the best Western ever made. I still watch it every day on me tv. I also liked watching Hazel , the life of Riley, Andy Griffith, and the 3 stooges. I now watch the reruns of The Love Boat on me tv every Sunday and it releases my stress and for the 2 hours it's on l feel like I'm back in the good old days.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 188

I remember 99% of all the previous shows, but also The Big Payoff that resulted in a mink being won, Hit Parade on Sat night, G E Theater, I Led Three Lives, Our Miss Brooks, Alcoa Presents One Step Beyond,  Art Llinkletter with Kids Say The Darndest Things and Perry Mason. ( I was a very precocious child.) There was also a Medical show called Medic.   I ended up in the hospital with my tonsils being taken out and the nurses had a fit when I wanted to watch Medic!  It was NOT a childs show but I loved it!     

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 188

The memories of good ole Andy Devine that Antiochcat just stirred up. Wild Bill Hickok! Wait for me!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 188

(Replying to the Andy’s Gang post). Brought to you by: Hi, I’m Buster Brown. I live in a shoe. Arf. That’s my dog Tigh. He lives in there too!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 188

For those who grew up in the Pacific NW, remember Stan Bornsen and slow-mo? And JP Patches who lived in the city dump? 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 188

Andy's Gang 

"Pluck yer magic twanger, Froggy!"

"Hiya kids! Hiya, hiya, hiya, hiya!!"

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 188

"Hey! Do The Mouse now!

Heyyy! You can do it in your house now..."

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 188

Robert Horton played Flint McCullough, the scout on Wagon Train, for the first seasons. He left to pursue other things, one of which was the Broadway musical, The Rainmaker. He did have another western series after Wagon Train, but it wasn't a spinoff. It was A Man Called Shenandoah. In the show, a man shot and left for dead on the trail is found and revived. He has no recollection of his past and, calling himself Shenandoah, roams the West in search of his identity. Horton's last role was on "Murder, She Wrote." He died in 2016 at 91.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors