Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Early TV programs Do You Remember These?

Message 21 of 186

@nanapeteywrote:

How about the westerns? Paladin, the Rifleman, Kit Carson, Roy Rogers....

I remember almost all cowboy shows because I hated them.  As a child, I couldn't understand why there was such a big glut of cowboy shows.  It seemed as though there was a conspiracy to shove them up my butt.  Now that I am older, I analyse it as a sign of mass insanity.  Here are some more that I hated:

Hopalong Cassidy

Cisco Kid

Lone Ranger

Gene Autry

Raw Hide

Maverick

Sugar Foot

Wagon Train

Davy Crockett

Bonanza

Annie Oakley

Sky King

I only liked Wild Wild West and some spaghetti westerns.

Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 22 of 186

Bob Braun’s talent was questionable. He left the 50/50 Club and made his way to the West Coast in order to become aHollywod star. I think he had a few bit parts, none memorable.  He returned to Cincinnati and became a DJ. 

Conversationalist

Message 23 of 186

I remember Ruth Lyons but even more Bob Braun when he took over. Later a couple of singers that came on frequently, Dave McCoy and someone named Randy with a guitar.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 186

rh97821964 wrote:

Mickey Mouse Club with Jimmy and Roy. My mom even bought me a MMC shirt just like the ones on the show - with my name on the front! Too young to know how goofy that was. But I did watch the show.

Boy you were lucky. I loved the Micky Mouse Club but no shirt....

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Gold Conversationalist

Message 25 of 186

Mickey Mouse Club with Jimmy and Roy. My mom even bought me a MMC shirt just like the ones on the show - with my name on the front! Too young to know how goofy that was. But I did watch the show.

Conversationalist

Message 26 of 186

I loved that shoe. How about the very early Mickey Mouse Club. All the little boys were crazy about Annette. 

As as a young man I loved Don McNeal’s Breakfast Club. 

Anyone from the Midwest remember Ruth Lions 50/50 Club. It aired each weekday at noon.  It originated out of Cincinnati on WLW-TV  It was on in Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati and Indianapolis. The entertainment was marginal but the show was very popular. 

Gold Conversationalist

Message 27 of 186

Sure Schuyler King, Penny, Clipper (nephew), The Songbird and Flying Crown Ranch. 

Conversationalist

Message 28 of 186
Yes, I sure do! One of my many favorites. Back when tv programs always had an underlying message about life and teaching. Smiley Happy
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 29 of 186

Anyone remember  Sky King and his daughter Penny?

This was a radio program that transitioned to TV...  wow I go way back  LOL

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Gold Conversationalist

Message 30 of 186

In the late 1950's, Monkee's Mickey Dolenz went by Mickey Braddock in a short lived series called "Circus Boy". It was broadcast about the same time as Disney's "Zorro".

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors