Join the Turning Your Passion into Profit Town Hall on Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET. Register Now

Super Social Butterfly

Re: Early TV programs Do You Remember These?

Message 31 of 183

(Replying to the Andy’s Gang post). Brought to you by: Hi, I’m Buster Brown. I live in a shoe. Arf. That’s my dog Tigh. He lives in there too!

Report Inappropriate Content
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 32 of 183

For those who grew up in the Pacific NW, remember Stan Bornsen and slow-mo? And JP Patches who lived in the city dump? 

Info Seeker

Message 33 of 183

Andy's Gang 

"Pluck yer magic twanger, Froggy!"

"Hiya kids! Hiya, hiya, hiya, hiya!!"

Info Seeker

Message 34 of 183

"Hey! Do The Mouse now!

Heyyy! You can do it in your house now..."

Conversationalist

Message 35 of 183

Robert Horton played Flint McCullough, the scout on Wagon Train, for the first seasons. He left to pursue other things, one of which was the Broadway musical, The Rainmaker. He did have another western series after Wagon Train, but it wasn't a spinoff. It was A Man Called Shenandoah. In the show, a man shot and left for dead on the trail is found and revived. He has no recollection of his past and, calling himself Shenandoah, roams the West in search of his identity. Horton's last role was on "Murder, She Wrote." He died in 2016 at 91.

Conversationalist

Message 36 of 183

howdy doody, sky king and superman were some of my favorites.

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Message 37 of 183

Love the topic, so many wonderful memories come flooding back. Thank You!

How about these? There was a different western on every night early evenings after supper.

Cheyenne, Sugarfoot, Laramie (Robert Fuller), Rifleman, Laredo

Ty Hardin but can’t recall his character name.

Other western fav - Cisco Kid, Bonanza, Gene Autry, and the infamous ‘Happy Trails To Me’....Roy Rogers and Dale Evans with Buttermilk and old Nelly Bell lol

I’m sure I have to be missing some.

Also anything with animals, especially dogs!  Daktari (Oh how I loved that show and couldn’t wait until it came on; waiting all week) Lassie, Rin Tin Tin, 

Conversationalist

Message 38 of 183
I remember! Anyone not recognizing the name Mickey Dolenz (The Monkees) Smiley Happy
Can’t recall who the male lead actor was that seemed to always take him underwing. Can see his face but not the name Smiley Sad(
Conversationalist

Message 39 of 183
Wasn’t there a spin-off of Wagon Train with the guy who did the scouting for the ‘train’? Believe his real last name was Horton.
Gold Conversationalist

Message 40 of 183

And you are correct. It was an anthology type show. I did watch it; but obviously not all the episodes. I checked and had it confused with a short-lived early/mid 1960's TV series "The Lieutenant" which did star Gary Lockwood.