Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Early TV programs Do You Remember These?

Message 101 of 188

Robert Stack's The Untouchables & Vic Morraw's Combat.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 102 of 188

If you lived around a Deetroit, you had your lunch watching Soupy Sales with his buddies White Fang, Black Tooth, and Willie the Worm (sickest worm in Deetroit, Ah Choo).  You would see Soupy doing the Soupy Shuffle!  

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 103 of 188

The best thing I liked on that show (Lawrence Welk) was Big Tiny Little Jr on the honky tonk piano!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 104 of 188

Early TV, wow.! That's late fifties early sixties. Some of the shows I watched, especially on Saturday were Sky King, Fury, My Friend Flicka, Wonderama, Mighty Mouse, The Lone Ranger, Pro Bowlers Tour, and Wide World of Sports. As a matter of fact, I have a set of cassette tapes, if you remember what does were, of every single TV show beginning and ending music, probably up to the late sixties.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 105 of 188

I loved the Flying Nun as a 12 year old in a Catholic grade school. Fantasies about nuns abounded anyway like what was under the habit that this program fed into.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 106 of 188

Didn't watch a lot of TV, but did see a few episodes of a lot of shows. I remember Lassie (always liked dogs). Flipper. A game show called Camoflage where you looked at a picture of random lines and tried to guess the picture of what was hidden in it. Leave It To Beaver. Dennis The Menace. Roy Rogers. Kung **bleep**.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 107 of 188

This is a really old show, taken off the air bec. it supposedly supported  racism (!) - The old "Amos & Andy" show...really funny, and MUCH funnier than any sitcom since, I think.   Yeah, there were sterotypes, but most were standard ones:  nagging wife (Sapphire), mother-in-law from the bad place, the shyster lawyer (a Mr. Calhoun) the con man (the Kingfish, whose laugh at end of show is still in my head!)..the kind of characters I still think are universal ones.   Was sorry that it was deemed negative-really; I see shows on TV now I think are much more stereotypically negative...!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 108 of 188

I grew up watching tv!  I had Howdy Doody, Uncle Miltie, Ding Dong School, Captain Kangaroo.  As I got a bit older, Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver, Ed Sullivan, American Bandstand (even at the tender age of 9!).  The old shows were great geared for families, clean and funny.  Today's shows depend on too much double entendres, sex and violence.  Watch Dragnet for a realistic cop show!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 109 of 188

I grew up in Vermont and we had 3 vhannels and if the weather was bad there was no TV. We werer not allowed to watch unless it was raining out or after dinner. I findly remeber watching "The Lawrence Welk Show" every saturday night. I would sit on the step leading into the livingroom and be very excited to here the singers. I remember when Aurther would come out to dance I would also try to tap...Haha... so funny because even after I took tap I could not do it.

In 1989 I had my daughter and on Saturday night we would watch Lawrence Welk. When she went to school and the discussion was about music and she surprised her teacher with songs and singers from the 40s and big band era. I still watch Lawrence Welk with my mother (91) on Saturday only now it is on at 6pm on PBS. It still brings a smile to my face as I sing along with most all the songs. Fortunately I sing better than I tap. The tradition continues and cannot wait to introduce the music to my grandchildren oneday. So  for now I leave you with this....

Good night, sleep tight and pleasant dreams to you, here's a wish and prayer that all your dreams come true and now 'til we meet again... Adios, Orvour, Alvederzane. Good Night!

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 110 of 188

In my household we watched "Beenie and Cecil" , "The Lone Ranger", "Buck Rogers", then later "The Dinah Shore Show", "The Nelsons" (Ozzie, and Harriet & the boys), and "Ed Sullivan Show"among others!  

Kudos
Views