Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you enjoy watching the Emmy Awards?

Do you enjoy watching the Emmy Awards? Check out the complete list of nominees

Here are six performers we would  like to see give a winner's speech at the 70th Emmy Awards ceremony to be telecast Sept. 17 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. (Read more...)

Who are you rooting for this year?

Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @ASTRAEA, I agree that approach doesn't sound very appealing. And how awkward for the presenters standing there?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPLynne - Sorry I didn't notice this discussion earlier. In a nutshell, "no", because of the way they were done. I don't recall which award shows had the "presenters" actually present each of the nominees, and then they'd announce the winners. This time an unseen announcer presented each of the nominees, and the presenters would stand there doing nothing, and then one would announce the winner. Sometimes there would be a handful of presenters, and they'd make not-that-funny banter. It seemed pathetic, and not surprising that the audience for these self-serving events continues to decline.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

NO!  Most of these people are living in their own fantasy land of unbelievable and are totally out of touch with reality.  Since they are all about Me Me Me, they are stuck in La La Land.

0 Kudos
Contributor

No. I do not. It is so political. I don’t want to hear biased opinions from people because they’re pretty and/ or actors. It certainly doesn’t make them smart. Frankly, who cares what they think. I only watch Fox News anymore. It’s the most unbiased.

Thanks for asking,

0 Kudos

YES, Very Much!!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yes

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I'll be watching to see Colin Jost and Michael Che host.  I love them on SNL, so I'm hoping they do a good job tonight.  As far at the nominees go, well, I'm not familiar with most of them since they're on cable or streaming and I only have basic TV.  Good luck to all of them!

0 Kudos
Contributor

no way

Contributor

Unequivocally - NO!!!!!  What a waste of time! 

Periodic Contributor

No. Might flip over there a couple of times.

0 Kudos
Contributor

no they have turned to political no longer interested

Periodic Contributor

No.  First of all there are very few quality shows on TV now.  I watch mainly the dramas on PBS, Fox News Network, local news and college sports.  Who wants to watch a bunch of egotistic "celebrities" tell lies and make crude and disgusting comments about the current administration in DC??? 

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

Nothing but a bunch of low information hollyweirdos who believe they actually have political, business, or economic savvy. They ACT for a living, ALWAYS FAKING IT!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

ME! And I don't watch fox fake news!
0 Kudos
Contributor

I dont enjoy watching fake  broadcasts. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

What does that have to do with the original question?  Obviously, you don't watch Fox News because you are afraid that you might learn something that doesn't agree with your prejudices!

Periodic Contributor

To info seeker.  I answered the question and told why I don't watch them.  I watch Fox News because they are the only TV media outlet that tells both sides.  I am not now or ever have been a liar.  You need to learn some manners.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

ME! And I DON'T watch fox fake news!!

Periodic Contributor

No.

0 Kudos

Absolutely not. Hollywood has become too political in a nasty way. They think they’re smarter than the rest of us. I couldn’t care less about the silly Hollywood actors and their award shows any more.

NO!

Contributor

Yes

0 Kudos
Contributor

yes means you are entertained by overpaid narcissistic snowflakes most of which never had a "real" job-- they should stick to acting as nobody cares or are listening to anything else they say- ie remember Hillary?
0 Kudos