Honored Social Butterfly

CANCELLED TV SHOWS 2019

Canceled TV Shows 2019: Which of Your Favorite Series Are Coming to an End?

https://www.tvinsider.com/744212/canceled-tv-shows-2019/

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Yes exactly too too many reality shows. I don't mind Moonshiners or The curse of Oak island but "naked and afraid" Kardashian's? Can't change the channel without coming across a reality show.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Sometimes I think television executives don't give series enough time to build their audiences.  I'm sad to see God Friended Me, The Deputy and Tommy get cut after only two or just one seasons.  I thought they were well written and had

good storylines.  I'm really tired of all the reality shows on television.

Gold Conversationalist

AMC's " Into the Badlands ". 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@nyadrn - Dont you think it's misleading for that article to be titled "Canceled TV Shows", when some voluntarily stopped production after a long, successful run .. like "Big Bang Theory"?

Looking at that list, CBS had some really long-running series that are ending - Criminal Minds - 15 seasons, BBT - 12 seasons & Elementary - 7 seasons, NBC had Last Call w/Carson Daly - 17 seasons. ABC looked pathetic; nothing on there longer than 3 seasons.

About the only thing I'll miss is "Vikings" .. and I'm hoping for a spin-off!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Honored Social Butterfly

@ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - Dont you think it's misleading for that article to be titled "Canceled TV Shows", when some voluntarily stopped production after a long, successful run .. like "Big Bang Theory"?

Looking at that list, CBS had some really long-running series that are ending - Criminal Minds - 15 seasons, BBT - 12 seasons & Elementary - 7 seasons, NBC had Last Call w/Carson Daly - 17 seasons. ABC looked pathetic; nothing on there longer than 3 seasons.

About the only thing I'll miss is "Vikings" .. and I'm hoping for a spin-off!

Yes  this was not a clean list of cancellations. I dont know why they listed them in that group?

Honored Social Butterfly

The only show that we watched was Elementary, and it had already been announced that it would be the final season. I watched about 3 seasons of Vikings, and then gave it up. Some of the more grossly violent scenes (blood sacrifices, etc) were getting to be a little too much for me. 

@ASTRAEA  - Did it get better? I think it's available on Amazon Prime, so I could still binge-watch the last seasons.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Honored Social Butterfly

@MaVolta - I felt there were still too many extended scenes that were very violent. I would always have it set up so I could switch to another show, when that happened .. I don't need to watch a 5-minute battle scene; I "got it" a lot faster than that! Still, I love history & enjoyed the various storylines. I'm hoping for a spin-off, because the problem with Ivar was never really resolved. He lost the final battle for Kattegat against Bjorn, Lagertha, Ubbe & Hvitserk .. but then you see him hidden in a cart, escaping with others.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Honored Social Butterfly

I am still angry that ABC cancelled my favorite show. without warning me. 
How to be a Millionaire.  I have been a fan of that show for years. and all of a sudden it is gone.
I have seen this summer a return of that show with Jimmy Kimmel  and celebrities. but is not the same. and now it h as ended also. 
I wish that they would bring this show back, it was a great show for over 20 years, and it lasted that long, because you didn't have to be a genius  like Jeopardy. to be able to answer the questions.
I  should write to them to complain, perhaps they will reconsider.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ASTRAEA  - I can usually handle the shorter bursts of violent scenes that I can just turn away from, but some on Vikings were too long and horrific, so I quit watching. At the time, the story line got really convoluted with Ragnar, his brother, his wife, and his mistress. I'd probably have to rewatch a lot of it to pick it back up. Thanks for the update on the story, though.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Honored Social Butterfly

Anything that you are going to miss?

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png