Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: CANCELLED TV SHOWS 2019

Message 1 of 7

@ASTRAEA  - I can usually handle the shorter bursts of violent scenes that I can just turn away from, but some on Vikings were too long and horrific, so I quit watching. At the time, the story line got really convoluted with Ragnar, his brother, his wife, and his mistress. I'd probably have to rewatch a lot of it to pick it back up. Thanks for the update on the story, though.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

@MaVolta - I felt there were still too many extended scenes that were very violent. I would always have it set up so I could switch to another show, when that happened .. I don't need to watch a 5-minute battle scene; I "got it" a lot faster than that! Still, I love history & enjoyed the various storylines. I'm hoping for a spin-off, because the problem with Ivar was never really resolved. He lost the final battle for Kattegat against Bjorn, Lagertha, Ubbe & Hvitserk .. but then you see him hidden in a cart, escaping with others.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

@ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - Dont you think it's misleading for that article to be titled "Canceled TV Shows", when some voluntarily stopped production after a long, successful run .. like "Big Bang Theory"?

Looking at that list, CBS had some really long-running series that are ending - Criminal Minds - 15 seasons, BBT - 12 seasons & Elementary - 7 seasons, NBC had Last Call w/Carson Daly - 17 seasons. ABC looked pathetic; nothing on there longer than 3 seasons.

About the only thing I'll miss is "Vikings" .. and I'm hoping for a spin-off!

Yes  this was not a clean list of cancellations. I dont know why they listed them in that group?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

The only show that we watched was Elementary, and it had already been announced that it would be the final season. I watched about 3 seasons of Vikings, and then gave it up. Some of the more grossly violent scenes (blood sacrifices, etc) were getting to be a little too much for me. 

@ASTRAEA  - Did it get better? I think it's available on Amazon Prime, so I could still binge-watch the last seasons.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

@nyadrn - Dont you think it's misleading for that article to be titled "Canceled TV Shows", when some voluntarily stopped production after a long, successful run .. like "Big Bang Theory"?

Looking at that list, CBS had some really long-running series that are ending - Criminal Minds - 15 seasons, BBT - 12 seasons & Elementary - 7 seasons, NBC had Last Call w/Carson Daly - 17 seasons. ABC looked pathetic; nothing on there longer than 3 seasons.

About the only thing I'll miss is "Vikings" .. and I'm hoping for a spin-off!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

Anything that you are going to miss?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

CANCELLED TV SHOWS 2019

Message 7 of 7

Canceled TV Shows 2019: Which of Your Favorite Series Are Coming to an End?

https://www.tvinsider.com/744212/canceled-tv-shows-2019/

Kudos
Views
Replies