Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: CALLTHE MIDWIFE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

Message 1 of 6

catwoman500 wrote:

I did get home in time to watch it and it was, of course, wonderful. It was the holiday season of 1962/63 when Britain had the Great Freeze. WOW! How they managed daily events was very interesting. As for the new season, coming in Spring of 2018, I'm not going to give anything away, but some changes will happen. N.

I watched it on DVR as we were going through our own Big Freeze.  I was not even surprised to see them sleeping in their coats.  It just seemed quite natural!  I did miss many of the characters though.  Not sure if they will return for the regular season.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 6

Glad someone started this discussion! I missed the beginning, but watched most of it .. looks like we may be losing a few more characters? Can't believe that Sister Monica Joan is still around!

Also looking forward to the next season of "Victoria" .. starts next week I think.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 6
catwoman500,
Thank you for the "heads up". British television shows seem to offer a better story than the stuff American networks air. Thank goodness for PBS!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 6

@catwoman500 - It was a good show. I'm looking forward to the new season. 

Message 5 of 6

I did get home in time to watch it and it was, of course, wonderful. It was the holiday season of 1962/63 when Britain had the Great Freeze. WOW! How they managed daily events was very interesting. As for the new season, coming in Spring of 2018, I'm not going to give anything away, but some changes will happen. N.

CALLTHE MIDWIFE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

Message 6 of 6

As usual, the Call the Midwife Christmas special is airing tonight at 9:00 on my PBS station, WHYY. Not sure I'll be home in time to watch. Hope some of you can catch it. N.

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors