Hundreds of Member Benefits. One Convenient Place to Explore Them. Check it Out!

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Big Little Lies

Message 1 of 9

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Agreed....I think Nicole certainly earned the SAG award for Best Actress....think it was Emmy worthy?

Yes, indeed! Cat Very Happy

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 9

catwoman500 wrote:

Right, Meryl as the Mother-in-law/ex Mother-in-law...either or, since Perry thankfully bit the dust at the end of the first season. N.

Agreed....I think Nicole certainly earned the SAG award for Best Actress....think it was Emmy worthy?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Message 3 of 9

Right, Meryl as the Mother-in-law/ex Mother-in-law...either or, since Perry thankfully bit the dust at the end of the first season. N.

Message 4 of 9

catwoman500 wrote:

Read that Season 2 will start filming this spring and that it will air in 2019. Also heard that Meryl Streep will join the cast. Talk about a star packed show! WOW!

Quite the star-studded cast, for sure.  I understand Streep will play the part of Kidman's mother-in-law, or is it ex-mother-in-law?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Message 5 of 9

Read that Season 2 will start filming this spring and that it will air in 2019. Also heard that Meryl Streep will join the cast. Talk about a star packed show! WOW!

Message 6 of 9

Centristsin2010 wrote:

I was pleased to see the HBO mini-series "Big Little Lies" win several honors (4) yesterday at the Golden Globe Awards last night, including Best TV Mini-series.

I was a little surprised to find no forum topic on this show.  Did folks not like it?  Is it because it was on HBO and many don't receive the premium channel?  What's your thoughts?

It is on Netflix and if you haven't seen this show, I'd recommend it (for whatever THAT's worth....LOL).  Could be Nicole Kidman's best performance ever....

No never watched watched.  I will check it out on Netflix.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 7 of 9

Yep, I had a free subscription to HBO for some reason until the end of December. A friend had told me about this show so I binged watched it On Demand. Fantastic cast! Loved it and am bummed that when the new season happens...yes it will happen!...I won't be able to watch. Maybe in 2018 Verizon will again think I'm such a wonderful customer that they will give me another 8 months free like last year.  Cat Happy  N.

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 9

" I was a little surprised to find no forum topic on this show.  Did folks not like it?  Is it because it was on HBO and many don't receive the premium channel?  What's your thoughts?"

Haven't seen it, but we  have Netflix, so we shall check it out.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Big Little Lies

Message 9 of 9

I was pleased to see the HBO mini-series "Big Little Lies" win several honors (4) yesterday at the Golden Globe Awards last night, including Best TV Mini-series.

I was a little surprised to find no forum topic on this show.  Did folks not like it?  Is it because it was on HBO and many don't receive the premium channel?  What's your thoughts?

It is on Netflix and if you haven't seen this show, I'd recommend it (for whatever THAT's worth....LOL).  Could be Nicole Kidman's best performance ever....

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors