Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 1 of 388
My Favorite Martian is on Amazon Prime for sure.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 388

I remember Circus Boy. Have seen it late at night on an oldies tv station. It was a while ago.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 388

@JoanieW12 

Nope don't recall Circus boy

But have seen recently The Monkeys and HR Puffenstuff on Cozi TV & Partridge Family(have watched alot of these again) which is freaky I had crushes on David Cassidy & Jack Wilder(HRP) & Bobby Sherman and Donny Osmond

Used to send them fan mail ... the good ole days 

Ginger  : ) 

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 388

Recently I have had the desire to seek out the old kiddy shows we used to watch on our tiny black and white. Youtube has some of the old Andy's Gang shows, which featured Froggy the Gremlin and some other weird characters, including music professor Pastafazooli (character actor Vito Scotti.)

There are also clips from Howdy Doody, Lone Ranger, Zorro, Sandy Becker and Winky Dink!

Anyone remember Cicus Boy?

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 388
LOVE MOST OLD 60'S SERIES, ESPECIALLY "I LOVE LUCY", BUT LATELY AM INTO STAR TREK"VOYAGER"& " THE GOOD WIFE"- BOTH OF WHICH I MISSED THE FIRST TIME AROUND. NOT HAVING CABLE, I'M LIMITED ON CHANNELS- BUT OKAY SINCE MOST NEW STUFF CAN NEVER LIVE UP TO THE CLASSICS.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 388

Yes I love old series 

Can & do watch "MASH", Perry Mason, Ironside most everyday on METV 

& Have always loved "I love Lucy" & "Bewitched".... still die laughing when watch Lucy set fake nose on fire with William Holden 

Also can rewatch any Law & Order series especially the Original & SVU & Criminal Intent

I truly enjoy watching TV & recall our family getting 1st Black and white TV set in 60's ........ : ) 

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 388

I've been watching the old westerns lately.  I've been binging on Gunsmoke, Bonanza, and The Rifleman in particular.  They all had good storylines and The Rifleman always seemed to have a good moral at the end of each episode.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 388

@LaDolceVita wrote:

I still listen in on the Golden Girls whenever they are on.  I do not watch as I have seen all the episodes multiple times.  I still love the shows I grew up watching, they have stayed with me the same way favorite fairy tales have.  I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith, the Honeymooners (OK that was before my time, but I still loved it) anything with George Burns always perks  me up.

I loved My Favorite Martian, have not seen any reruns.  I guess none else loved it! There are lots more I loved.   Now I only watch Acorn & PBS on a regular basis. 

@LaDolceVita  Nice to see you. Hope all is well. Happy New Year to you!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 388

While channel surfing I came across,  H & R Puff and Stuff and The Banana Splits. I also enjoyed  My Favorite Martian. I did see that Murphy Brown is back on the air.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 388

I still listen in on the Golden Girls whenever they are on.  I do not watch as I have seen all the episodes multiple times.  I still love the shows I grew up watching, they have stayed with me the same way favorite fairy tales have.  I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith, the Honeymooners (OK that was before my time, but I still loved it) anything with George Burns always perks  me up.

I loved My Favorite Martian, have not seen any reruns.  I guess none else loved it! There are lots more I loved.   Now I only watch Acorn & PBS on a regular basis. 

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views