Stay Safe During Summer Storms with Disaster Preparedness Tips on AARP Live at 10 p.m. ET. Watch Now!

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 1 of 343

Enjoyed Peter Gun too, especially the theme song.😊.  

Watching Mike Connors in Mannix, but, does anyone remember his first series called "Tightrope"? He was the first, I believe, P.I. to carry his gun in his back. The bad guys never thought to look there.

Report Inappropriate Content
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 2 of 343

Candace Burgen is not a lesbian. Her daughter(s) came "out", not her. She has said that it's their choice, and that she loves them, no matter what choices they have made.

Conversationalist

Message 3 of 343

Another good British show we've enjoyed is "The Vicar of Dibley".  It was available on Netflix but it looks like that is no longer the case.

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 343

DARK SHADOWS WAS WHAT WE ALL RAN HOME FROM SCHOOL TO SEE

I've been watching the Outer Limits , Perry Mason, and 

Alfred Hitchcock. The Twilight Zone I never miss. The British series' are hard to find but I did catch Call the Midwife and As Time Goes by, with a young Judy Dench. 

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 343

i love watching hill street blues, st. elseware. peter gunn, and whats my line

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 343
AM HUNG UP ON "WILL& GRACE" ORIGINALS HERE LATELY, & ALWAYS - "HILL STREET BLUES", "THE X FILES", " LOST IN SPACE" ALWAYS GOOD FOR A GIGGLE!
WHEN I CAN FIND IT, "I LOVE LUCY" TRUMPS ALL OTHERS! I AGREE -REMAKES CAN BASTARDIZE THE OLD SHOWS. THE ORIGINAL IS USUALLY BETTER.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 343

@TheGent2Uwrote:
"Does anyone remember Inner Sanctum? It was long before Twilight Zone and One Step Beyond."

I believe it was both a TV and a radio show. I grew up in the military at the time that all we had was Armed Forces Radio if we were overseas. That gave me a well-rounded taste in music (one station, so it played one hour each of several genres) and a love for old time radio. I still have both.

I don't remember Inner Sanctum, probably because it was syndicated in 1954.  It is exactly the type of show that I would have watched, had it been available in Chicago.  But, we had another syndicated show, Shock Theater.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_Theater

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 343

@TheGent2Uwrote:

j99089l  - During the summer of 1967 we would take day trips. Of course, this was before the bazillion recording devices we have now, so I complained mightily (but respectfully) if the trip was during the week and we were not home by 4:00 - to watch "Dark Shadows".

I used to have a co-worker. Name was Angelique. And yes, she was named for THAT Angelique. She was taken aback when she learned that she was named for a witch.  Good thoughts to you, Lara Parker, wherever you may be.

Oh boy  we ran home from school to watch Dark Shadows!!!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 343
@n5661921 SO TRUE! This is why Star Trek II was so much better than Star Trek I (The Motion Picture). Star Trek I tried to dazzle us, thinking we would just be happy to have the crew back. Star Trek II let the characters drive the story - which was what made the series work.
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 343

Hi Is1873,

I remember My Favorite Martian too. Sometimes, when movies are made from the old shows, something gets lost and all the extra special effects, added characters, etc., change our memories of original shows. Any other people feel the same way.

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors