From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 51 of 388
AM HUNG UP ON "WILL& GRACE" ORIGINALS HERE LATELY, & ALWAYS - "HILL STREET BLUES", "THE X FILES", " LOST IN SPACE" ALWAYS GOOD FOR A GIGGLE!
WHEN I CAN FIND IT, "I LOVE LUCY" TRUMPS ALL OTHERS! I AGREE -REMAKES CAN BASTARDIZE THE OLD SHOWS. THE ORIGINAL IS USUALLY BETTER.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 388

@TheGent2Uwrote:
"Does anyone remember Inner Sanctum? It was long before Twilight Zone and One Step Beyond."

I believe it was both a TV and a radio show. I grew up in the military at the time that all we had was Armed Forces Radio if we were overseas. That gave me a well-rounded taste in music (one station, so it played one hour each of several genres) and a love for old time radio. I still have both.

I don't remember Inner Sanctum, probably because it was syndicated in 1954.  It is exactly the type of show that I would have watched, had it been available in Chicago.  But, we had another syndicated show, Shock Theater.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_Theater

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 388

@TheGent2Uwrote:

j99089l  - During the summer of 1967 we would take day trips. Of course, this was before the bazillion recording devices we have now, so I complained mightily (but respectfully) if the trip was during the week and we were not home by 4:00 - to watch "Dark Shadows".

I used to have a co-worker. Name was Angelique. And yes, she was named for THAT Angelique. She was taken aback when she learned that she was named for a witch.  Good thoughts to you, Lara Parker, wherever you may be.

Oh boy  we ran home from school to watch Dark Shadows!!!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 388
@n5661921 SO TRUE! This is why Star Trek II was so much better than Star Trek I (The Motion Picture). Star Trek I tried to dazzle us, thinking we would just be happy to have the crew back. Star Trek II let the characters drive the story - which was what made the series work.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 388

Hi Is1873,

I remember My Favorite Martian too. Sometimes, when movies are made from the old shows, something gets lost and all the extra special effects, added characters, etc., change our memories of original shows. Any other people feel the same way.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 388

...and, Mr. Lucky

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 388
@rc49566842: I do remember listening to Cisco Kid and Amos and Andy. I know about Boston Blackie. I lived in Southern California for many years. Radio station KNX (1070) ran a Drama Hour for many years at 9 pm with a 2 am repeat. Two radio plays per night, rotating several series. But Saturday night was constant: Jack Benny, followed by Burns & Allen. I moved from the area several years ago. On a recent trip back I was saddened to learn that they no longer do this.
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 388

Yes. Then you probably remember Boston Blackie. Amos and Andy, and Cisco Kid (before TV). My mom use to listen to a soap called Brighter Day, then it moved to TV. Back then, I think the "stories" on TV were only 15 min.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 388
"Does anyone remember Inner Sanctum? It was long before Twilight Zone and One Step Beyond."

I believe it was both a TV and a radio show. I grew up in the military at the time that all we had was Armed Forces Radio if we were overseas. That gave me a well-rounded taste in music (one station, so it played one hour each of several genres) and a love for old time radio. I still have both.
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 388

Does anyone remember Inner Sanctum? It was long before Twilight Zone and One Step Beyond.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors