Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 31 of 388
You are so right about Gunsmoke. I call it the Justice Hour when it comes on. Where I go in fantasy since I can get no justice in the real world.

Carol Burnett continues to captivate and give those belly laughs. I get them from watching Mama's Family.

For my detective mystery, happy to report the return of Cold Case. There's a new digital channel available over the air called Start that is featuring series led by women. Dr. Quinn, Medium, The Closer, The Division are in their line-up.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 388

LydiaN586309

Just I watched an episode of Hunter last night.

I also watched an episode of Black Sheep Squadron.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 388

Well, "old" TV is relative.   There's "old"  TV and then there's "O-L-D"!!!

Some of my favorite old TV series:  

1.  Gunsmoke.  This show never disaapoints.  Every episode was different, but each ended on a positive note.

2.  The Carol Burnett Show.   Always funny!  Laugh out loud funny.

3.  Hunter.  It is suitably old; about thirty years plus old.  And if y'all don't remember it, "Hunter" was about a detective hunting down criminals show and the detective was named "Hunter."  Loved it!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 388

Yes! I do recall that Danny Thomas classic episode. Great reminder of the ageless theme " big city big shot with  busy life" meets small town simple and stressless life. The networks struck gold with copycats from Hooterville,Green Acres, and Petticoat Junction... 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 388
I like all those shows too. And, yes, my siblings and I did hurry home every weekday to watch Dark Shadows. We loved it.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 388

Though it’s not been so long since this show originally aired, I really enjoy Everybody Loves Raymond.  The family situations and relationships are funny and timeless.  My other favorite is the British production of Agatha Christie’s “Poirot” with David Suchet. 

By by the way, does anyone know where I can find Northern Exposure?  I have never been able to find reruns of that show and I loved it.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 388

I still enjoy watching Living Single, and Designing Women reruns.  I also like Soap and Benson too.  They are hilarious.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 388

Wagon Train on ME TV. 

I wish Coronet Blue, The Rat Patrol and The Immortal (both with Christopher George), and Then Came Bronson were being aired.  Hopefully soon.

Fey Lady
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 388

Too distracted to concentrate, but do manage to slip in the occasional Little House and have recently renewed my love affair with Richard Boone as Paladin.

Watched Designing Women until a season change saw them replaced. Loved that smart-talking Dixie Carter as Julia Sugarbaker. The entire ensemble was great. I especially miss Anthony played by Meshach Taylor.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 388
WE LOVED "NIGHT GALLERY" AS WELL.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views