Take a look at how people age around the world with this AARP special report: A New Age.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 21 of 388

Also The Ghost and mrs. Muir.  Also H&R pufnstuf.  And The Banana Splits.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 388

I actually just found the old show Nanny and the professor. Does anyone happen to remember the show?

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 388
THAT WAS A GREAT ONE- I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT "TWIN PEAKS " PAVED THE WAY FOR THAT KIND OF WEIRD SHOW.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 388
M Y MOM, SIS,& I ALWAYS LOVED CAROL BURNETT- CLASSIC& WONDERFUL. OUR FAVORITE IS HER TAKE OFF ON SCARLETO-HARA'S BALL GOWN( CAROL WEARS A CURTAIN ROD ACROSS HER SHOULDERS-" SAW IT IN THE WINDOW& JUST HAD TO HAVE IT..."-PRICELESS. WHENEVER SHE'S ON LATE NIGHT RERUNS, I CAN'T LOOK AWAY.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 388
Howdy Doody and Kukla, Fran, and Ollie!
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 388

YouTube is my go to app when I want to see something old that is not being broadcast anywhere else. When I had a yen for Designing Women, found it on YouTube. Couldn't find Cold Case, though. Presently being broadcast over the air, so I get to enjoy the music and Jeremy Ratchford again!

Today, I wanted to see Flower Drum Song. Now, this isn't a series, but an old movie featuring the music of Rogers and Hammerstein. I can't get the entire movie, but I can listen to and watch some of my favorite songs from the movie.

I find that I like movies that feature a single musical director, Max Steiner. With that in mind, I'd like to recommend a series of films featuring Steiner's music: The Corn Is Green, Band of Angels, and Jezebel. Two feature Betty Davis, who is very difficult to find without having to pay an arm and a leg, and Band of Angels features Clark Gable, Yvonne de Carlo, and Sidney Poitier. I have never heard Poitier speak of his role in this film and have always wondered why.

Hope this isn't too off topic, but I do enjoy this forum and wanted to share my guilty pleasure (those recommended movies are all set in the 1800s and they all have something to say about women making their way in the world): old movies with mad music scores.

Cheers!

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 388

@n566192l wrote:

QUINCY, M.E. IS ON COZI  TV. JUST LOVE TO REVISIT THE OLD SHOWS. PLUS THE OLD ADS ARE SO GREAT AND FUNNY. NANCY

I usually hate ads but one I loved was the old Hamm's beer ads with that Bear. They were so funny.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 388

I watched Hunter and Gunsmoke too. I probably go back a little farther, I watched Gunsmoke when it was a 30-minute show. I also watched Wyatt Earp with Hugh O'Brien. As a kid I watched Howdy Doddy and my sister had to see Cuckloo Fran and Oliey. Hope I spelled that right. On Saturday mornings my Grandpa and I would watch old Cowboys with Bob Steel, Buck Jones, Tim McCoy, and Lash LaRue to name a few. I loved every minute and I loved my Grandpa too. I was blessed with wonderful grandparents and these great memories. Before that, we listened to the radio. The Lone Ranger on the radio used your imagination but when I saw him on television I never listened to him on the radio again. My Dad said I was ruined by Television but he sure watched a lot of it.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 388

A post saying the world was built by the lowest bidder must not have cable.  Cable, one of those things I have a love-hate relationship with.  It lets me watch the old shows I enjoyed and then ruins it with my bill. Netflix has a lot of old movies and shows and is reasonably priced. If anyone has Spectrum, channel 151 has a lot of old shows almost around the clock. I saw a series I had totally forgotten about,  PeterGunn. 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 388

@retiredtraveler wrote:

...I could see re-watching Rumpole of the Bailey and Upstairs Downstairs...".

It's been awhile, but I think we viewed every episode of Rumpole at least 3 times. We were debating Upstairs/Downstairs. We saw that early on and we might find it too dated or simply not as good as we've now seen 75+ Brit series since that one.  On the other hand, we're going to view 'To Serve Them All My Days' again, which is pretty dated and syrupy. 

I had to watch Rumpole on Public Television because the internet or Cable did not exist. Public Television opened up a new world for me with British TV and shows like Monty Python's Flying Circus. Our Public TV here in Dallas still offers a world of wonderful entertainment.  

Kudos
Views