Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 321 of 355

I'm a big fan of Maverick, The Dick Van Dyke Show (original one) and The Andy Griffith Show.  They have well survived the ravages of time.  Too many of my old favorites are hopelessly dated now and simply don't have the impact they once did.  

One genre that ages incredibly well is the Musical Variety Shows.  Old Danny Kaye, Perry Como, Andy Williams, Jackie Gleason shows are all great still!

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 322 of 355

I miss shows like Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, The old Disney show with a variety from week to week, Ed Sullivan and The Red Skelton Show! Real entertainment!!!

Super Social Butterfly

Message 323 of 355

I watch reruns of NYPD Blue and Hill Street Blues on channel 1239.

Social Butterfly

Message 324 of 355

How old is "old"? I could give you a long list of TV shows I grew up watching. "Ivanhoe" (RIP, Roger Moore), "William Tell", "Robin Hood", "Sea Hunt", "Highway Patrol", "Whirleybirds", "Ripcord".....and I have not even started on the westerns. Fortunately, many of these are now on DVD.

Conversationalist

Message 325 of 355

The TV western series "Laramie", with John Smith and Robert Fuller is one that we remember well and still watch today on tv.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 326 of 355

@doglover52, I do remember Big Valley being on, but don't remember watching it much. I liked Barbara Stanwyck. I think I had paper dolls of her when I was a kid.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 327 of 355

One of my favorite classic TV westerns,'The Big Valley" is on MeTV,weekdays at noon,also Sat. I loved this show when it  aired on ABC '65-'69,"Barkley' family,set in the 1870's.A terrific cast,Barbara Stanwyck,Linda Evans,Richard Long,Peter Breck,Lee Majors.  I had a crush on one of the actors,Richard Long"Jarrod". Linda and Lee are only cast members still alive. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Info Seeker +

Message 328 of 355
Decades Channel, on antenna tv has done weekend marathons of Mission Impossible, The Fugitive, Peter Gunn, etc..check out there website for schedule. I love that channel..check them out!
Info Seeker +

Message 329 of 355
me too !!!
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 330 of 355

I don't even remember the name Riverboat let alone watching it!

Loved Tony Shaloub in Wings, not a big fan of Monk, but loved him in last summer's BrainDead which was not renewed for another season. Cat Sad