Discover Healthy Recipes. Search By Cuisine, Lifestyle, Nutritional Info And More. Earn Double Reward Points.

Social Butterfly

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 21 of 352
@rc49566842: I do remember listening to Cisco Kid and Amos and Andy. I know about Boston Blackie. I lived in Southern California for many years. Radio station KNX (1070) ran a Drama Hour for many years at 9 pm with a 2 am repeat. Two radio plays per night, rotating several series. But Saturday night was constant: Jack Benny, followed by Burns & Allen. I moved from the area several years ago. On a recent trip back I was saddened to learn that they no longer do this.
Report Inappropriate Content
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 22 of 352

Yes. Then you probably remember Boston Blackie. Amos and Andy, and Cisco Kid (before TV). My mom use to listen to a soap called Brighter Day, then it moved to TV. Back then, I think the "stories" on TV were only 15 min.

Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 352
"Does anyone remember Inner Sanctum? It was long before Twilight Zone and One Step Beyond."

I believe it was both a TV and a radio show. I grew up in the military at the time that all we had was Armed Forces Radio if we were overseas. That gave me a well-rounded taste in music (one station, so it played one hour each of several genres) and a love for old time radio. I still have both.
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 24 of 352

Does anyone remember Inner Sanctum? It was long before Twilight Zone and One Step Beyond.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 25 of 352

I'm watching Sea Hunt, Lassie (before Timmy ☺), Burke's Law, and my favorite...starring Richard Green, Robin Hood, Robin Hood riding through the glen, Robin Hood, Robin Hood, with his band of men. Feared by the bad, loved by the good. Robin Hood, Robin Hood, Robin Hood.

Info Seeker

Message 26 of 352

I'm watching Mama's Family and Perry Mason.  Awesome.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 352

Did anyone mention Life with Elizabeth?  I watch on broadcast TV, Decades. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7z0zAN_frw

I have many episodes of Tales of Tomorrow on DVD but my set isn't complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeZXUI98eEw

I don't think Amos and Andy is available outside Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=griMGY-JLvo

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 28 of 352

I  loved  My  Favorite  Martian  And  I  Am  Currently  Watching  Land  of  the  Giants  on  MeTV.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 29 of 352

Are there any fans of My Favorite Martian?

It's new on Amazon Prime.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 30 of 352

jd96684778 wrote:
Just discovered Peter Gunn re-runs on Me-TV and Prime video. Great music and atmosphere.... Really "Beat vibes"......

I'm also a fan and have several shows saved on DVR. I love that beatnik style music running in the background. I'll have to look it up on Prime video.