Forced Nursing Home Evictions Must Stop. AARP Foundation Is Helping Protect the Most Vulnerable. Learn How

Info Seeker

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 271 of 337

Murder She Wrote, Diagnosis Murder, Little House on the Prairie, I love Lucy,Star Trek and game shows.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 272 of 337

I have Roku and Hulu so I watch a lot of the old TV shows. I watch The Dick Van Dyke show, The twilight Zone, The The Danny Thomas Show, Dragnet, Adam-12, The Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy, 7th Heaven, Car 54 Where are you?, The Adams Family, Big Valley, Bonanza, Password (back when it started), Family Affair, Petticoat Junction, Beverly Hillbillies, the original StarTrek, Star Trek Grnerations, The Donna Reed Show, and I have the complete series of Bewitched on DVD, and I watch so many more old shows. I would rather watch the old shows than most of the stuff they have on today, better entertainment, I think any way lol.

Conversationalist

Message 273 of 337

Sorry, make that Then Came Bronson.

Info Seeker

Message 274 of 337

I love the British comedies - Are You Being Served, Fawlty Towers, and Keeping Up Appearances. Also, old Dr. Who with Tom Baker. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 275 of 337

kw8373 wrote:

I enjoy the old Barney Miller shows.  Many of the shows topics (Police shootings, drugs, crime rates etc) are  just as current today as 30 + years ago.

The more things change the more they stay the same.  Another series, from some of the same creative team as "Barney Miller" -- "Night Court" -- is hilarious, but a lot less realistic.  Some  wonderful glimpses of a pre-Data Brent  Spiner, too. 

Info Seeker

Message 276 of 337

The Honeymooners and Mama's Family

Info Seeker

Message 277 of 337

I enjoy the old Barney Miller shows.  Many of the shows topics (Police shootings, drugs, crime rates etc) are  just as current today as 30 + years ago.

Social Butterfly

Message 278 of 337

Remember poor Barney Fife?  Nip it!!!  Maynard Krebs and Dobie Gilis?  Bob Denver.  Went on to be in Gilligan's Island.

My mom loved Perry Mason.  Later, I would call up from work and she would be watching Dallas.

TV was just coming out for us when Sky King was around.  Sea Hunt.  Whirleybirds.  77 Sunset Strip.  My mom loved Kookie.  Eddie Byrnes.

Conversationalist

Message 279 of 337

Law and Order, closely followed by Law and Order Criminal Intent.  When we are traveling I judge the worthiness of the city we are in by how easy it is to find their L&O reruns.  Great for those nights when insomnia sets in.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 280 of 337

M*A*S*H