Honored Social Butterfly

Anyone revisiting old TV series?

DW and I have started going through Netflix offerings and are looking to watch older series we liked. We just started West Wing, for example. I think we'll put ER into the queue. 

Do you guys like re-watching old series, or not as interesting to you second time around? 

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Conversationalist

If I could find Golden Girls, that would be big on my list. Since it's not on antenna TV around my place, I watch Perry Mason, and old Johnny Carson Tonight show reruns. I'd like to find some of the old Mission Impossible shows too.

Periodic Contributor

Decades Channel, on antenna tv has done weekend marathons of Mission Impossible, The Fugitive, Peter Gunn, etc..check out there website for schedule. I love that channel..check them out!
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

@JoyaDe Hi,I don't know if you have TV Land on your cable system,they show repeats of"The Golden Girls" Sat nights 7-8pm,Sun from 7am-5pm Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Conversationalist

@doglover52  I don't have a cable system. Just use an antenna on which I get 26  stations, and have Netflix.  I don't watch a lot of TV and so I already have more stations and programs than I truly need. 

Today, in Mpls. there will be a Golden Girls Bar Crawl.  I don't go into town, and can't imagine myself at a bar crawl, but I'm sure those going will have a good time.  It starts at 10:30 AM and goes until 4:30 PM, so they obviously are being considerate of the age group. 

Social Butterfly

I absolutely will not miss AMC rebroadcasts of "The Rifleman" and SyFy rebroadcasts of "The Twilight Zone" every Saturday morning!

Love both (actually still watching "The Rifleman" as I type).

Heard something about a few episodes of "Roseanne" being i the works; will definitely binge then watch the "grown up" version, if that happens.

Great topic! Thanks for posting this!

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”

I have greatly enjoyed the trip down memory lane of "vintage" shows;and my favorites come to mind. I was born in the wrong century as I have always wanted to be a "cowgirl" and know James Arness as Matt Dillon, Ms Kitty, Chester and Doc. And be neighbors with Ben,Hoss,Little Joe and Adam Cartwright. And see The Rifleman and Mark at the Sunday picnic.,Maverick and Paladin would ride through just to show the towns that there was safety in them hills. And should anyone get hurt then Doc Adams or even Dr Quinn would tend to them and from the knowledge God gave them they could drag most everyone through deaths door hole.

The seasons were specific; the nights quiet and serenanded by little critters; far off coyotes and the fragrance of wild flowers would perfume the breeze as you walked with the most handsome cowboys that weren't waiting to yank your skirts up for a feel but to hold you gently,tenderly and kiss you as if you may break; and love you strong enough to work and work hard to build you a home and create a living for you.AHHHHH to hear the hoof beats of their horses coming home to a great meal, soft hugs and silent love.

Dream weaver.........Ms. Deborah

Bronze Conversationalist

Me too, except I would be a Cowboy with a six gun on my hip and a song in my heart looking for a home on the range where the bufflo roam and the sky is not cloudy all day. Yesteryear is gone and tommorow is yet to come and I know living in the past is not a good thing, but sometimes I miss it , not all of it just some of it. So far this is the best part of the commuynity, nice and no one or two acting like an old married couple arguing just to be doing it. 

Periodic Contributor

And, Ms Deborah who wouldn't miss seeing Robert Fuller or Robert Horton ride past your wagon to see if 'Every is okay, ma'am' How about Bill Hawks? Unsung hero for sure. Maybe ask Ol' Charlie Wooster for his recipe for Prairie stew? 

How about Wells Fargo with Dale Robertson? Oh, please don't let me go on.

And to the person that commented on exorbitant fees for cable - alas, I pay it in my area so that I can have The Western Channel 24/7/365. And proud of it! LOL!

I have greatly enjoyed the trip down memory lane of "vintage" shows;and my favorites come to mind. I was born in the wrong century as I have always wanted to be a "cowgirl" and know James Arness as Matt Dillon, Ms Kitty, Chester and Doc. And be neighbors with Ben,Hoss,Little Joe and Adam Cartwright. And see The Rifleman and Mark at the Sunday picnic.,Maverick and Paladin would ride through just to show the towns that there was safety in them hills. And should anyone get hurt then Doc Adams or even Dr Quinn would tend to them and from the knowledge God gave them they could drag most everyone through deaths door hole.

The seasons were specific; the nights quiet and serenanded by little critters; far off coyotes and the fragrance of wild flowers would perfume the breeze as you walked with the most handsome cowboys that weren't waiting to yank your skirts up for a feel but to hold you gently,tenderly and kiss you as if you may break; and love you strong enough to work and work hard to build you a home and create a living for you.AHHHHH to hear the hoof beats of their horses coming home to a great meal, soft hugs and silent love.

Silver Conversationalist

You need to check out Gail Davis - as Annie Oakley. Not sure if the show is on any network, but Amazon has the DVD's. Gene Autrey wanted a cowgirl show for TV. Gail delivered.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I enjoy watching ME TV.

"Chips", MacGiver, Bonanza, etc.