Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 361 of 388
Decades Channel, on antenna tv has done weekend marathons of Mission Impossible, The Fugitive, Peter Gunn, etc..check out there website for schedule. I love that channel..check them out!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 362 of 388
me too !!!
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 363 of 388

I don't even remember the name Riverboat let alone watching it!

Loved Tony Shaloub in Wings, not a big fan of Monk, but loved him in last summer's BrainDead which was not renewed for another season. Cat Sad

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 364 of 388

@rm55194203 wrote:
"Riverboat" is correct. One episode included actor DeForest Kelley. He was later involved in the "Star Trek" series. Something else that the two television series shared: They both had episodes in which Abraham Lincoln was prominent as a character. (This may be hard to explain, if you're not a Trekkie.)

Wow  I don't remember this at all  but wow was Darren McGavin looking young : )

Riverboat is an American western television series produced by Revue Studios and was broadcast on the NBC television network from 1959 to 1961 It starred Darren McGavin and Burt Reynolds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverboat_%28TV_series%29

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 365 of 388

@PattyDiane  Oh me too, about Monk.  Loved watching that one. I'm not sure I ever saw it during it's regular run, but was watching all the rerun's after 10:30 at night a while back. I was totally shocked the other day when I saw Tony Shalub on a series called Wings, from who knows when. Murder She Wrote was also one of my favorites. I heard a comment from one of my friends that applies to me so often. When I say, "a while ago, or a while back", that can mean anything from 15 minutes to 15 years. I've been retired for a long time.   

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 366 of 388

I haven't gotten any of the streaming services but I'm very much enjoying some of the old shows they are showing on cable, especially on Hallmark Mystery and Movie channel.  I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the shows like "Hart to Hart", "Murder She Wrote" and "Diagnosis Murder".  Just recently they've started to show "Monk" which isn't that old.  I enjoyed it when it was on the first time and I'm enjoying it just as much now.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 367 of 388

@retiredtraveler wrote:

@MaVolta wrote:

"...Cool! I was a big fan of Riverboat. They had a lot of good guest stars. And I'm also aTrekkie so I get it!..".

I had totally forgotten that series until you guys brought it up.  I recall liking it too. It was an hour-long, network show. I would have thought you would have mentioned that Burt Reynolds was in it --- the co-pilot of the ship (or whatever his title was).

I liked Darren McGavin; Burt Reynolds, not so much. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 368 of 388

MaVolta wrote:

"...Cool! I was a big fan of Riverboat. They had a lot of good guest stars. And I'm also aTrekkie so I get it!..".

I had totally forgotten that series until you guys brought it up.  I recall liking it too. It was an hour-long, network show. I would have thought you would have mentioned that Burt Reynolds was in it --- the co-pilot of the ship (or whatever his title was).

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 369 of 388

@MaVolta  I don't know that I've ever heard of the show Riverboat.  Was it on Network TV, or a cable station?  I'll have to look it up and see what I can find on Google about it, or on IMDb.

The other "oldie" that still sets my heart beating faster is Hill Street Blues.  I catch a few of those episodes on my antenna TV stations that feature a lot of the old programs. Daniel J Travanti has a smile that just lights my fire. He looks like someone I used to love, to start with, and is no longer living. My college classes were mostly evening ones, and I always tried to avoid scheduling any on Thursday night. I didn't want miss the show.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 370 of 388

Cool! I was a big fan of Riverboat. They had a lot of good guest stars. And I'm also aTrekkie so I get it!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors