Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 291 of 390
I remember watching all of those. Most all of my TV watching took place before I became an employee. So it was school during the day, work from 4 to 9, and then 9 to 9 on Saturdays. I missed a lot of good programs..
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 292 of 390

@w972822m, Okie dokie, but this is the second place I found that states Gloria Winters played Babs on TLoR the FIRST season:

From IMDb

Goria Winters…Mini Bio (1)

Born in Los Angeles, Gloria worked in show business as a child. Small roles in movies led Gloria to be cast as William Bendix's daughter "Babs" on the television series "The Life of Riley" (1949). This show ran during the 1949-50 season. Her next television series was "Sky King" (1951), wherein she was cast as the niece, "Penny". This show ran from 1951 to 1954, and during that run Gloria began dating the show's sound engineer. This dating soon led to marriage. Gloria also played "Penny" in the comedy 'Hold That Line (1952)', which starred the Bowery Boys. Gloria retired from show business after "Sky King" ended, but she remained close to Kirby Grant until his death in 1985.

- IMDb Mini Biography By: Tony Fontana <tony.fontana@spacebbs.com>

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 293 of 390

Babs on the early - mid 1950's sitcom, 'The Life of Riley' with William Bendix, Marjorie Reynolds, Tom Deandrea, and Gloria Blondell, Joan's sister, and Wes Morgan, was played by Leugene Sanders.  I know this because it was made at Hal Roach Studios in Culver City Calif.  Roach Studio, on Washington Blvd was one of the first business in Culver City when incorporated in 1917.  My mother worked for Roach Studios from 1936 - 1962, helping him sort out his banktuptcy, and in fact was one of the last employees of Roach Studio.  The Studio was located on Washingron Blvd. near Robertson Blvd.  The buildings were demolished and the property redeveloped.  There's a brass plaque near the sidewalk tht reads" Site of Hal Roach Studios, Laugh Factory to the World, 1919 1962

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 294 of 390

Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, Little House on the Prairie. Justice and basic, nonreligious morality. No vulgarity. I liked it when people truly used their words instead of swearing all the time.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 295 of 390

FYI: The Life orf Riley, starred William Bendix as Chester a Riley, his wife, Peg, played by Marjorie reynolds, Babs, by Leugene Sanders and Jr, by Wesley Morgan, neighbor Gillis, Tom de Andrea, his wife Honeybee, Gloria McMillan. I know these facts as this sitcom, very early 1950's to mid 1950's was made at Hal Roach Studios in Culver City California where my mother Marie was one of the office assistants and bookkeepers and thus knew intimately what was going on on a daily basis.  Roach also did, My Little Margie, with Gale Storm, as Margie, Charlie Farrel as Vern Albright, Margie's father, Zazu Pitts as Nugie and Hillary Brooke (who also appeared in many Abbott and Costello shows) as Vern's girlfriend, Roberta Townsend.  Gale Storm also went on to do 'the Gale Strorm Show' and Oh', Susannah, this time, Gale Storm played entertainment director -singer on a cruise ship   Roach also did 'Trouble with Father', with Stu and June Erwin, Anne Todd, and Shiela James, who went on to the 'ManyLoves of Dobie Gillis', with Dwayne Hickman, Florida Friebus and Frank Faylen.  On another note, Shiela James quit acting and is a lesbian democratic senator in Santa Monica, Shiela James Keuhl.  Several years ago, I met her when i was living in los Angeles and I literally blew her mind when i mentioned my mother signed many of your paychecks when you worked on 'Trouble with Father' at Hal Roach Studios and played daughter 'jackie' in that mid 1950's sitcom, she was speechless, needless to say that I'd know something so obscure as this fact.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 296 of 390

@w972822m wrote:

Speaking of John Forsythe, he had a sitcom in the early 1960's called 'Bachelor father,  it also starred Noreen Corcoran and his niece Kelly and Sammy Tong, as peter, his houseman.  Forsythe, played Bently Gregg a dapper and debonnaire  well to do widowed attorney always being chased by women as a 'great catch', showed on channel 4, NBC in Los Angeles in the early 1960's and was made by the same production company and studio that did 'Leave it to bBaver".  Wow, where can I stpop here?

And...Noreen Corcoran's younger brother Kevin was on Walt Disney's The Adventures of Spin and Marty. Cat Happy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 297 of 390

Ah yes, the Red Skelton variety show, very early 1960's. Played on CBS, channel 2 in Los Angeles, wednesday evenings.  As I recalled he was a pantomime artist, his classic characters, Gertrude and Heathcliffe, the two sea gulls. In November 1961, when the Bel Air fire broke out, Red Skeltons Bel Air home was threatened by the fast moving brush fire.  Bob Chesler, the boyfriend of one of my mothers co workers at Hal Roach Studio on Washington Blvd in Culver City, as a volunteer firefighter with the Los Angeles Fire Dept was instrumental in saving his house.  As a reward, Skelton presented him with an honorary fire chiefs helmet and a check for $500.00. This at a time when $500.00 was a lot of money!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 298 of 390

The Enterprise: Lost in Space, with Leonard Nimoy and June Lockhart, who was on Lassie, starring John Provist as Timmy.  Previously Lassie, the early 1950's version had Tommy Rettig and Jan Clayton, 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 299 of 390

FYI: Linda Evans got her start as Rick's girlfriend on the Ozzie & Harriet show.  Ozzie and Harriet started as a radio show and was good enough to transition to television in the mid 1950's.  Ozzie never seemed to have a job but always was at home giving out advice, along with his pal 'Thorny', played by Don Defore, who went on to costar with Shirley Booth as 'Hazel", the maid,  De fore played the part of a lawyer, Mr. Baxter who was always getting unsolicited advice from his housekeeper, played by Shirly Booth. The episodes in the early to mid 1960's showcased Ozzie, Harriet and their growing sons, Ricky and Dave.  Ricky was the one who played guitar and always seemed to get the pretty girls.  As I recall, Linda Evans, (yes, that Linda Evans who played Crystal along with Juan Collins and John Forsythe on 'Dynasty") was one of Rickys love interests.  Sadly, all of them have passed.  Dave about 5 years ago who was ibn his late 70's and Ricky who was killed in a skiing accident in january 1986, and if Ricky was alive today he's be 77 yrs old and Linda Evans is right around there too, and not bad looking for a woman of her age.  A great, funny if not corny weekly sitcom.

Speaking of John Forsythe, he had a sitcom in the early 1960's called 'Bachelor father,  it also starred Noreen Corcoran and his niece Kelly and Sammy Tong, as peter, his houseman.  Forsythe, played Bently Gregg a dapper and debonnaire  well to do widowed attorney always being chased by women as a 'great catch', showed on channel 4, NBC in Los Angeles in the early 1960's and was made by the same production company and studio that did 'Leave it to bBaver".  Wow, where can I stpop here?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 300 of 390

"Voyage To the Bottom Of the Sea" with Richard Basehart and David Hedison

"One Step Beyond" -- some of those episodes scared the devil out of me.

"The Bold Ones" with its varying storylines. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE