Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 21 of 401

@LaDolceVita wrote:

I still listen in on the Golden Girls whenever they are on.  I do not watch as I have seen all the episodes multiple times.  I still love the shows I grew up watching, they have stayed with me the same way favorite fairy tales have.  I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith, the Honeymooners (OK that was before my time, but I still loved it) anything with George Burns always perks  me up.

I loved My Favorite Martian, have not seen any reruns.  I guess none else loved it! There are lots more I loved.   Now I only watch Acorn & PBS on a regular basis. 

@LaDolceVita  Nice to see you. Hope all is well. Happy New Year to you!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 401

While channel surfing I came across,  H & R Puff and Stuff and The Banana Splits. I also enjoyed  My Favorite Martian. I did see that Murphy Brown is back on the air.

Highlighted

Message 23 of 401

I still listen in on the Golden Girls whenever they are on.  I do not watch as I have seen all the episodes multiple times.  I still love the shows I grew up watching, they have stayed with me the same way favorite fairy tales have.  I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith, the Honeymooners (OK that was before my time, but I still loved it) anything with George Burns always perks  me up.

I loved My Favorite Martian, have not seen any reruns.  I guess none else loved it! There are lots more I loved.   Now I only watch Acorn & PBS on a regular basis. 

Highlighted

Message 24 of 401

Tonight CBS aired  2 color episodes of The Dick Van Dyke show and I Love Lucy show.

Highlighted
Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 401
SOMEHOW, I MISSED THAT EPISODE. IT IS A VERY APPEALING SHOW, NO DOUBT.

SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 26 of 401

Yes,

Just happen to be channel surfing and came across an episode of the Dick Van Dyke Show. It was really interesting because during this episode, Rob, Laura and Ritchie somehow had dyed their hands black while enroute to a benefit gala where Rob was going to receive an award from a large group of officials who were mostly african american.

I have always loved this show and especially that apartment that is still modern to me to this day, but what I really loved was his concern about diversity, what the group would think of him and telling the truth about how he and his families hands got dyed accidently. I tell you it was epic. 

Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 401
"HILL STREET BLUES" & SOME OF THE STAR TREK " SERIES, ESPECIALLY, "THE NEXT GENERATION"& "VOYAGER". MARSHALL MCLUHAN WROTE SOMETHING TO THE EFFECT OF 'ARTISTS(& WRITERS) ARE THE TRUE PROPHETS, FOR ONLY THEY CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE'. WE CAN LOOK TO SOME OF THE SCIENCE FICTION SERIES TO SEE HOW SPOT-ON THOSE PREDICTIONS ARE!
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 28 of 401

Two of my all time favorites are Barney Miller and Hill Street Blues.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 29 of 401
Haven't heard of Hamms in dog years!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 30 of 401
Love that G and Mrs. M!