Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 241 of 390

@doglover52 - I did not remember that. Many thanks, and blessings to you and yours.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 242 of 390

@TheGent2U Hi,I was looking in my TV reference book,"My World and Welcome to It' won Emmy for Best Comedy Series in '70,William Windom won Emmy for Best Actor in Comedy Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 243 of 390

@doglover52 Thank you. I loved "My World and Welcome to It", too. It only lasted one season. I am afraid it was WAY too hip for the room, even though "Laugh-In" followed it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 244 of 390

@w972822m Hi,I  remember watching "Farmer's Daughter" which ran on ABC from'63-'66.I had a crush on actor,William Windom who played "Congressman Glen Morley". I think he and"Katy' married towards the end of the series run.

Windom appeared in another wonderful sitcom'My World and Welcome To It'''69-'72,his character,"John Monroe' was loosely based on cartoonist, James Thurber.I really liked this show Sue

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 245 of 390

Here's something very obscure:  Anybody remember 'The Farmer's Daughter' with Swedish actress Inger Stevens, who went by the name Katie Holstrom?  This show was about a Swedish house keeper who worked for Mr. Morley, an attorney played by William Windom.  it also had Kathleen Nesbitt as his mother and his son played by Mickey Sholdar.  it ran on ABC channel 7 in the very early 1960's on Thursday evenings

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 246 of 390

@Tigerbabe44   Keith Larsen was born on June 17, 1924 in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA as Keith Larsen Burt. He was an actor and director, known for Northwest Passage (1958), Brave Eagle (1955)

I don't remember the program but looked it up.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 247 of 390

Lee Aker is correct.  I don't rememer Circus Boy.  Correction to Rin Tin Tin question.  James Brown was the actor who played Lt. Rip Master on that show.  He also sang on the show.  No answer to the Brave Eagle question.  I can't believe the western buffs out do not remember Brave Eagle.  Anybody remember 77 Bangle Lancers?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 248 of 390

December Bride;  The mother in law was played by Spring Byington and her bud, Hilda Crocker, Verna Felton

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 249 of 390

Eve Arden went onto do 'bit parts' through the late 1950's after 'Our Miss Brooks' folded to the mid 1960's when she landed the role of Eve Hubbard in 'The Mothers in law', with co star Kay Ballard as Bay Buell.  It starred the late Roger C Carmel as Roger, an architect and when Roger C Carmel's contract ran out, he was replaced with Richard Deacon, (Mel Cooley of the Dick Van Dyke show) and Herbert Rudley as Eve's husband Herb. The shows idea was these two families were neighbors and became in laws after their kids Jerry Buell, played by Jerry Fogel and Suzie Buell played by Deborah Walley,(Gidget) got married and like many in laws, gave a lot of unsolicited advice and interfered in their kids marriage.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 250 of 390

@w972822m Hi,I looked up  in my TV show reference book regarding late,wonderful character actor, Gale Gordon.

In "The Lucy Show' '63-'74,his character was "Theodore Mooney/Harrison Carter'

"Here's Lucy' in '86,his character was "Curtis McGibbon',he was the partner of her late husband in their hardware store Sue

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors