Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 251 of 388

@catwoman500@dragons3@  Mr. Boynton was her love interest. I think he was a biology or science teacher.  Not the principal. His name was Mr. Conklin. I was trying to remember more about the landlady where Miss Brooks lived too. 

"Grease" was one of my favorite movies of all time. I do remember her line about being an "athletic supporter".  

And just this morning after asking about the Our Miss Brooks thing, I was thinking about December Bride and that cast. I remember wishing that I'd had a grandma like her. I liked her friend Hilda too. My mom had a friend named Hilda.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 252 of 388

Ah, Our Miiss Brooks, with the incomparable Eve Arden was a Desilu production..  This show was very early 1950's and made in Culver City California down Washington Blvd. from Hal Roach Studios, where my mother worked from 1936 - 1962, and knew Hal Roach Jr. and was his last employee helping him sort through his bankruptcy due to her excellent acounting skills.  Anybody know who played Miss Brooks landlady, Mrs. Davis?  Too late...Miss Brooks lived in a house and rented a room, sort of a boarding house like arrangement.  Too late., it was Jane Morgan, who played Mrs. Davis.  Anybody know who plated Osgood Conklin's dauighter, Harriett?   Too late, Gloria Mc Millan.  I remember this show being re-run in the early morning on CBS channel 2 in Los Angeles in the late 1950's to about 1962  Richard Crenna played the part of Walter Denton, a sort of geeky student infatuated with Harriett Conklin.  And last but not least, who played the part of Monsieur Le Blanche the French teacher?  Too late.. Maurice Marzak.  Some very obscure trivia from this show long gone sitcom from broadcast television

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 253 of 388

@dragons3, Thanks for setting me straight about Mr. Conklin and Mr. Boynton!

As soon as I read, "Walter," in your post, the image of Richard Crenna flashed into my brain! Cat Happy

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 254 of 388

@catwoman500 wrote:

Cat LOL What a coincidence! I was just thinking about Our Miss Brooks and Eve Arden last night! What was Gale Gordon's character named? Was is Mr. Boynton or something like that?

No, he played Mr. Conklin, the school principal.  Mr. Boynton was played by Robert Rockwell and was a fellow teacher and gentleman friend of Miss Brooks.

A bit of trivia -- Walter, the student with the cracking voice, who often gave Miss Brooks a ride to school, was played by Richard Crenna.

Some of this information comes from memory and some from  IMDB.com.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 255 of 388

Cat LOL What a coincidence! I was just thinking about Our Miss Brooks and Eve Arden last night! What was Gale Gordon's character named? Was is Mr. Boynton or something like that?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 256 of 388

My Little Margie (I have a sister named Margie)

My Little Margie premiered on CBS as the summer replacement for I Love Lucy on June 16, 1952, under the sponsorship of Philip Morris cigarettes (when the series moved to NBC for its third season in the fall of 1953, Scott Paper Company became its sponsor). In an unusual move, the series—with the same leads—aired original episodes on CBS Radio, concurrently with the TV broadcasts, from December 1952 through August 1955. Only 23 radio broadcasts are known to exist in recorded form.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Margie

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 257 of 388

I saw De Forest Kelly the other day on Re-Runs of: Death Valley Days; with Ronald Reagan, hosting.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 258 of 388

Here's another blast from the past --  "Pete And Gladys"  starring a pre- "Dragnet" and "M*A*S*H*" Harry Morgan as Pete, and Cara Williams as Gladys.  The show was a spin-off of "December Bride".  Gale Gordon, a well-known character actor, was a frequent guest star, playing Pete's uncle.  Gordon was also a regular cast member on "Our Miss Brooks" and co-starred in 3 different series with Lucille Ball.   

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 259 of 388

@JoyaDe - loved the show. I think the best homage to "Our Miss Brooks" was done by Eve Arden herself - as the principal of Rydell High in "Grease". Remember that she encouraged us all to be athletic supporters.

By the Bye - Rydell High was Venice High School in Los Angeles. I lived near there and watched a scene being filmed.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 260 of 388

Was anyone out there a fan of "Our Miss Brooks"?  I certainly was. It's amazing to me how often I saw the actors and actresses from that show on other programs over the following years. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors