With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 321 of 388
Dees anyone remember Mr Adams and Eve with Ida Lupino and Howard Duff? Like I love Lucy and just as funny with this great comedy team, from the mid to late 1950's was short lived . CBS had a conflict with 'I love Lucy' with Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz and this similar sircom, and guess who won, Lucy, both great comedies from that great age of TV1
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 322 of 388

Murder She Wrote, Diagnosis Murder, Little House on the Prairie, I love Lucy,Star Trek and game shows.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 323 of 388

I have Roku and Hulu so I watch a lot of the old TV shows. I watch The Dick Van Dyke show, The twilight Zone, The The Danny Thomas Show, Dragnet, Adam-12, The Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy, 7th Heaven, Car 54 Where are you?, The Adams Family, Big Valley, Bonanza, Password (back when it started), Family Affair, Petticoat Junction, Beverly Hillbillies, the original StarTrek, Star Trek Grnerations, The Donna Reed Show, and I have the complete series of Bewitched on DVD, and I watch so many more old shows. I would rather watch the old shows than most of the stuff they have on today, better entertainment, I think any way lol.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 324 of 388

Sorry, make that Then Came Bronson.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 325 of 388

I love the British comedies - Are You Being Served, Fawlty Towers, and Keeping Up Appearances. Also, old Dr. Who with Tom Baker. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 326 of 388

@kw8373 wrote:

I enjoy the old Barney Miller shows.  Many of the shows topics (Police shootings, drugs, crime rates etc) are  just as current today as 30 + years ago.

The more things change the more they stay the same.  Another series, from some of the same creative team as "Barney Miller" -- "Night Court" -- is hilarious, but a lot less realistic.  Some  wonderful glimpses of a pre-Data Brent  Spiner, too. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 327 of 388

The Honeymooners and Mama's Family

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 328 of 388

I enjoy the old Barney Miller shows.  Many of the shows topics (Police shootings, drugs, crime rates etc) are  just as current today as 30 + years ago.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 329 of 388

Remember poor Barney Fife?  Nip it!!!  Maynard Krebs and Dobie Gilis?  Bob Denver.  Went on to be in Gilligan's Island.

My mom loved Perry Mason.  Later, I would call up from work and she would be watching Dallas.

TV was just coming out for us when Sky King was around.  Sea Hunt.  Whirleybirds.  77 Sunset Strip.  My mom loved Kookie.  Eddie Byrnes.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 330 of 388

Law and Order, closely followed by Law and Order Criminal Intent.  When we are traveling I judge the worthiness of the city we are in by how easy it is to find their L&O reruns.  Great for those nights when insomnia sets in.

Kudos
Views