Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 351 of 388

In New York, if you have Cablevision, Channel 33 (METV) is showing all of the old favorites; i.e., Bonanza, The Rifleman, The Donna Reed Show, Leave It To Beaver, Carol Burnette and Friends, etc.  You get the idea.  It is so nice to have quality television shows instead of the violent garbage and reality shows that they put on tv.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 352 of 388
Star Trek?
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 353 of 388

Since we don't have cable,satellite or internet streaming,we end up watching a lot of older programming.Over the last few years,several new networks,that specialize in old series,run all kinds of old series.Some of the best would be Gunsmoke,Hawaii 5 O,all 5 Star Trek series,Big Valley,Law & Order,Columbo,Mannix,Streets of San Francisco,etc.I think many older series had better stories and acting than some of today's programming.A good example would be Hawaii 5 o.I still remember the great acting and stories of years ago.The new 5 o is just a lot of action,with mediocre acting and stories.Older programs didn't complicate with 3 stories going at the same time.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 354 of 388

I'm a big fan of Maverick, The Dick Van Dyke Show (original one) and The Andy Griffith Show.  They have well survived the ravages of time.  Too many of my old favorites are hopelessly dated now and simply don't have the impact they once did.  

One genre that ages incredibly well is the Musical Variety Shows.  Old Danny Kaye, Perry Como, Andy Williams, Jackie Gleason shows are all great still!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 355 of 388

I miss shows like Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, The old Disney show with a variety from week to week, Ed Sullivan and The Red Skelton Show! Real entertainment!!!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 356 of 388

I watch reruns of NYPD Blue and Hill Street Blues on channel 1239.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 357 of 388

How old is "old"? I could give you a long list of TV shows I grew up watching. "Ivanhoe" (RIP, Roger Moore), "William Tell", "Robin Hood", "Sea Hunt", "Highway Patrol", "Whirleybirds", "Ripcord".....and I have not even started on the westerns. Fortunately, many of these are now on DVD.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 358 of 388

The TV western series "Laramie", with John Smith and Robert Fuller is one that we remember well and still watch today on tv.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 359 of 388

@doglover52, I do remember Big Valley being on, but don't remember watching it much. I liked Barbara Stanwyck. I think I had paper dolls of her when I was a kid.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 360 of 388

One of my favorite classic TV westerns,'The Big Valley" is on MeTV,weekdays at noon,also Sat. I loved this show when it  aired on ABC '65-'69,"Barkley' family,set in the 1870's.A terrific cast,Barbara Stanwyck,Linda Evans,Richard Long,Peter Breck,Lee Majors.  I had a crush on one of the actors,Richard Long"Jarrod". Linda and Lee are only cast members still alive. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views