Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 371 of 388
"Riverboat" is correct. One episode included actor DeForest Kelley. He was later involved in the "Star Trek" series. Something else that the two television series shared: They both had episodes in which Abraham Lincoln was prominent as a character. (This may be hard to explain, if you're not a Trekkie.)
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 372 of 388

@rm55194203 wrote:

I've gone way, way back, when watching old TV series.    I'm a big "Have Gun Will Travel" fan.    The storylines were often surprisingly good.       Here's a test for you:    Name the first television series that featured a vessel named  "The  Enterprise" in every episode.   

Was it Riverboat? 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 373 of 388

@rm55194203 wrote:

I've gone way, way back, when watching old TV series.    I'm a big "Have Gun Will Travel" fan.    The storylines were often surprisingly good.       Here's a test for you:    Name the first television series that featured a vessel named  "The  Enterprise" in every episode.   

Oh boy. Loved that show!

now you know I am going to guess Star Trek. : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 374 of 388

@amcoffiebean wrote:

Since we were never huge TV series fans in the past (movie fanatics instead), watching many "old" series on Netflix has been great and all have been "new" to us!! Grey's Anatomy, Bones, and the original CSI, Law and Order, Criminal Minds and.........wait............ oh my gosh I would have never believed I'd get hooked and wait eagerly for the next Netflix old series season of The Walking Dead.  I can't remember what made me even watch TWD one evening because zombies are not of any interest to me. Even as a Saturday afternoon scary movie kid in the 50's, never liked the zombie black and white movies. Who knew?

Walking Dead : ).  I have never watched it but maybe I should give it a try!   

There are do many old. How's I watched, another of my fsvd was The Avengers with Diana Rigg.  Loved that show!  Netflix is great. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 375 of 388

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 376 of 388

Since we were never huge TV series fans in the past (movie fanatics instead), watching many "old" series on Netflix has been great and all have been "new" to us!! Grey's Anatomy, Bones, and the original CSI, Law and Order, Criminal Minds and.........wait............ oh my gosh I would have never believed I'd get hooked and wait eagerly for the next Netflix old series season of The Walking Dead.  I can't remember what made me even watch TWD one evening because zombies are not of any interest to me. Even as a Saturday afternoon scary movie kid in the 50's, never liked the zombie black and white movies. Who knew?

amcoffiebean
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 377 of 388

@doglover52  I don't have a cable system. Just use an antenna on which I get 26  stations, and have Netflix.  I don't watch a lot of TV and so I already have more stations and programs than I truly need. 

Today, in Mpls. there will be a Golden Girls Bar Crawl.  I don't go into town, and can't imagine myself at a bar crawl, but I'm sure those going will have a good time.  It starts at 10:30 AM and goes until 4:30 PM, so they obviously are being considerate of the age group. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 378 of 388

@JoyaDe Hi,I don't know if you have TV Land on your cable system,they show repeats of"The Golden Girls" Sat nights 7-8pm,Sun from 7am-5pm Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 379 of 388

If I could find Golden Girls, that would be big on my list. Since it's not on antenna TV around my place, I watch Perry Mason, and old Johnny Carson Tonight show reruns. I'd like to find some of the old Mission Impossible shows too.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 380 of 388

"...Classic MacGyver had better storylines, and involved a lot more creativity in problem solving, even when he used the latest technology of the time. In one episode, MacGyver builds his own robot. It's hard to beat a classic.....".
That's my impression of a number of series. Older series relied on the story and characters more than special effects. That's a prime reason DW and I switched to almost all Brit TV shows. 

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views