Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 381 of 388

@MaVolta, Loved the old MacGyver; love the new one, too. The characters are so cool in the new one. I love the fact that the new one has a girl "geek" character, Riley, who is so darn cute and smart at the same time.

The old MacGyver was such a unique series at the time and widely recognized. Remember the SNL spoof, MacGruber? Cat LOL N

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 382 of 388

After the new MacGyver series aired, we decided to watch classic MacGyver that was airing on METV, to compare and contrast. The new series is fast-paced, and incorporates all the new technology, including an on-team hacker. (Every new series seems to have one). They picked up a few details from classic, like the leather bomber jacket, a weird friend named Jack, and for openers, a boss named Thornton, who is now gone. But that's about as close as it gets.

Classic MacGyver had better storylines, and involved a lot more creativity in problem solving, even when he used the latest technology of the time. In one episode, MacGyver builds his own robot. It's hard to beat a classic. But I doubt many millennials have ever seen or remember classic MacGyver.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 383 of 388

Can't go to sleep at night without Friends on the TV. Golden Girls and Roseanne keep me company all day on the weekends. Cat Happy N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 384 of 388

...I could see re-watching Rumpole of the Bailey and Upstairs Downstairs...".

It's been awhile, but I think we viewed every episode of Rumpole at least 3 times. We were debating Upstairs/Downstairs. We saw that early on and we might find it too dated or simply not as good as we've now seen 75+ Brit series since that one.  On the other hand, we're going to view 'To Serve Them All My Days' again, which is pretty dated and syrupy. 

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 385 of 388

@retiredtraveler wrote:

DW and I have started going through Netflix offerings and are looking to watch older series we liked. We just started West Wing, for example. I think we'll put ER into the queue. 

Do you guys like re-watching old series, or not as interesting to you second time around? 

Good topic!

With Netflix and a couple of the standard TV channels, you can go back in time and watch those shows you loved and some you missed.

I have done a re-watch of Sex in the City, one of my favorites.  I also love Netflix because I can watch the series that were on channels that I did not have including American Horror and it will great for when I retire and can watch more of these series.   I could see re-watching Rumpole of the Bailey and Upstairs Downstairs as well as Absolutely Fabulous and Two Fat Ladies (the cooking show).

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 386 of 388

I enjoy watching ME TV.

"Chips", MacGiver, Bonanza, etc.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 387 of 388

I absolutely will not miss AMC rebroadcasts of "The Rifleman" and SyFy rebroadcasts of "The Twilight Zone" every Saturday morning!

Love both (actually still watching "The Rifleman" as I type).

Heard something about a few episodes of "Roseanne" being i the works; will definitely binge then watch the "grown up" version, if that happens.

Great topic! Thanks for posting this!

#VegasStrong

#NeverTrump

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 388 of 388

DW and I have started going through Netflix offerings and are looking to watch older series we liked. We just started West Wing, for example. I think we'll put ER into the queue. 

Do you guys like re-watching old series, or not as interesting to you second time around? 

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors