Forced Nursing Home Evictions Must Stop. AARP Foundation Is Helping Protect the Most Vulnerable. Learn How

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 331 of 337

After the new MacGyver series aired, we decided to watch classic MacGyver that was airing on METV, to compare and contrast. The new series is fast-paced, and incorporates all the new technology, including an on-team hacker. (Every new series seems to have one). They picked up a few details from classic, like the leather bomber jacket, a weird friend named Jack, and for openers, a boss named Thornton, who is now gone. But that's about as close as it gets.

Classic MacGyver had better storylines, and involved a lot more creativity in problem solving, even when he used the latest technology of the time. In one episode, MacGyver builds his own robot. It's hard to beat a classic. But I doubt many millennials have ever seen or remember classic MacGyver.

Report Inappropriate Content
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 332 of 337

Can't go to sleep at night without Friends on the TV. Golden Girls and Roseanne keep me company all day on the weekends. Cat Happy N.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 333 of 337

...I could see re-watching Rumpole of the Bailey and Upstairs Downstairs...".

It's been awhile, but I think we viewed every episode of Rumpole at least 3 times. We were debating Upstairs/Downstairs. We saw that early on and we might find it too dated or simply not as good as we've now seen 75+ Brit series since that one.  On the other hand, we're going to view 'To Serve Them All My Days' again, which is pretty dated and syrupy. 

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 334 of 337

retiredtraveler wrote:

DW and I have started going through Netflix offerings and are looking to watch older series we liked. We just started West Wing, for example. I think we'll put ER into the queue. 

Do you guys like re-watching old series, or not as interesting to you second time around? 

Good topic!

With Netflix and a couple of the standard TV channels, you can go back in time and watch those shows you loved and some you missed.

I have done a re-watch of Sex in the City, one of my favorites.  I also love Netflix because I can watch the series that were on channels that I did not have including American Horror and it will great for when I retire and can watch more of these series.   I could see re-watching Rumpole of the Bailey and Upstairs Downstairs as well as Absolutely Fabulous and Two Fat Ladies (the cooking show).

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Gold Conversationalist

Message 335 of 337

I enjoy watching ME TV.

"Chips", MacGiver, Bonanza, etc.

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 336 of 337

I absolutely will not miss AMC rebroadcasts of "The Rifleman" and SyFy rebroadcasts of "The Twilight Zone" every Saturday morning!

Love both (actually still watching "The Rifleman" as I type).

Heard something about a few episodes of "Roseanne" being i the works; will definitely binge then watch the "grown up" version, if that happens.

Great topic! Thanks for posting this!

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 337 of 337

DW and I have started going through Netflix offerings and are looking to watch older series we liked. We just started West Wing, for example. I think we'll put ER into the queue. 

Do you guys like re-watching old series, or not as interesting to you second time around? 

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.