Conversationalist

ABC's What Would You Do? A good public service TV show

For those who watch ABC TV on Fridays, there is a new show from ABC News that really has some class.  The show is "What Would You Do?"  It's a good show that teaches the public about bullying, discriminatory issues, etc.  There was one episode where there was a customer who seemed to be in his 20s and his attitude towards an employee at the age of 66 was very rude.  And just about all the other customers were getting fed up with the young guy harassing the senior server.  I love that show.  I think they need to make even more episodes that stands up for people our age.  I sure would love to see the big reaction from the public on American Idol's silly age limits, etc.  Then if it's a young job recruiter interviewing a 67-year-old male for a job and the interviewer says something discriminatory, then the company that chooses to pull age discrimination stunts will see how stupid they look.  

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
Super Contributor

I am glad it is coming back, I really enjoy this show because it does bring up some very good points and such. I am wondering how they are going to handle the pandemic. Something to look forward to on Fridays.

Shari
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I've seen that show and others like it and I agree that it would be nice if people intervened more often when intervention seemed prudent and necessary. The trouble seems to be though that everyone wants someone else to intervene instead of taking action of their own. Seniors face a harsher reality in many ways than others but we all could do well with a little more kindness and caring for and about each other no matter what age or gender we happen to be. I don't know when it happened but just something so innocuous and common as greeting a fellow earth person these days seems to have fallen by the wayside. We've advanced civilization in many ways but we seem to have lost the human touch in so many other ways because of it. But I feel that if one doesn't stand for something that they'll fall for nearly anything and it doesn't seem a good way to go. Your experience may be different from mine as may be your views. I can only speak for myself. 

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos