Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Why do you travel?

Message 11 of 19

Amen!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 19

Sometimes, I just like to go for a drive and look through different eyes.  Walk thru malls and listen to the music and chatter of kids giggling.  It brings smiles to my heart.

There is so much to hear,see and listen and try something new to eat when you go out.  Pick someplace where the decor is bright and cheerful.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 19

I travel for the joy of discovery.  Life is an adventure but you have to know how to play.  I like to see new places, meet new people, eat new foods, try new experiences, photograph everything and anything, savor the moment.  Life is too short not to do it all.DSC_3358_edited-3.jpgBald Eagle, Robert's Creek, BC

“There's only one place I wan.jpgHumpback whale, Port Townsend, Washington

DSC_4105_edited-1.jpgHowe Bay, Gibsons, BC

DSC_4770_edited-1.jpgPoint Wilson Lighthouse, Port Townsend, Washington

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 19

In Alaska, the winters are really (really!) long and really (really) dark!  We travel in winter to locations for a dose of warmth and sunshine.  Hawaii is our favorite!  We also like to take long weekend trips to visit family in the "Lower 48" for a change of scenery.

This is a view from the Super Pool at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in January 2015...see my point?!

Hawaii 2015.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 19

I travel to get away from people.

lost_horse(3).jpgLost Horse Mine Trail, Joshua Tree

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 19

I look to travel to see sunrises and sunsets with scenery that I would enjoy coffee in the morning or wine in the evening to for completion.

Watching people of all cultures interact in entertaining while soaking up some of the local culture myself.

But the views.  Those are my payday.

Tim Ward
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 19

@wilful Torres del Paine sounds (and looks) amazing! I've been seeing several photos recently while I've been researching a future Antarctica trip. I love the idea of pristine/unspoilt nature, icebergs, penguins, etc.

And, I love Gaudí's architecture too. Architecture is something I really notice when traveling. I travel to learn more about and experience the culture first-hand too. 

The Rhine River cruise sounds wonderful too--especially if stoping at wineries and the small towns to explore.

So, yes, yes, and yes. I totally agree with everything. And yay for saving the message elswhere before posting Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 19

Well Vicki – for me, the “main reason” is the excitement of being in contact with different  cultures.  Sometimes,  the reason  is  different;  we specifically went to Barcelona to get connected with Gaudi’s works.  Ahhh – whatta thrill and education that was for me!  No matter how many pictures, videos, movie documentaries I had seen -  none of it came close to what I experienced in person.  I’m something of an afficianado of architecture anyway, and the more unique it is – the more I like it.  We recently were on a boat on the Rhine River for a day and I loved all the cutsy little towns, with their cutsy houses, town squares, castles and vinyards.   This area is the heart and soul of Germany – And – I felt it.   Couple days later, in a Munich beer garden – a pre-wedding bachelors party of 6 young men took me into their festivity for a couple hours – as if I were a long lost grandfather.  It was fun!

Our reason for going to the Torres Del Paine National Park waay down in Patagonia in southern Chile was to experience one of the most pristine areas on the planet.       It is so far from any heavily populated areas and the jagged mountains, gorgeous lakes and rivers, lack of man made structures was mind blowing.  The air was sooo clean!  I was constantly taking real deep breaths – to get as much in me as I could.  This place is really isolated.  We loved it.  The glaciers were the bluest I’ve ever seen!   There were animals and plants that you do not encounter elsewhere.    It was mentally cleansing to not see gas stations, restaurants, buildings, highways, trains, buses, airplanes, etc.  To just revel in pure Nature! Whatta great trip that was!

Ohhh BTW Vicki – this time, I typed up my message in Word – then brought it over here.

Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Why do you travel?

Message 19 of 19

What motivates you to travel? Spending time with family/friends? Visiting family/friends? Pure relaxation/escaping daily obligations? Going to events (weddings, graduations, conferences, festivals, etc.)? Learning about another cultures/destinations? Something else?

What is the main reason you travel?

Kudos
Views
Replies