Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Solo RV Living

Message 1 of 4

The Escapees has 19 rv parks scattered across the country and their info is avaiable online.  Check them out, there is probably one near you.  They are a great, friendly, welcoming group and will help you acclimate to your new lifestyle.

We spent 15 years full-time rving and traveling all over North America.  We made lotsa friends and had the time of our lives.  No regrets!

Go for It!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Hi, GroovyLisa.   Welcome to the RV lifestyle.   I strongly recommend Escapees.com as an excellent resource for newbies.   They offer excellent sources of information and support, from their Discussion Forum, to their invaluable BootCamp to their conventions (called Escapades.  Did I mention that their BootCamp seminar is invaluable?  It is.   For still-working RVers, they offer Xcapees which is a sub-group of Escapees.   Escapees.com.   They are a superlative group.   Facebook also has numerous RV groups, and they provide support.   Allstays.com is a popular resource for finding places to stay in your RV, but there are so many other resources.   Good luck, Happy Trails and enjoy the journey! 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Check out rv.net.

I was on that for years when we had a popup camper. It's the largest RV website out there and has threads on all aspects of RV's and camping. They specifically have threads on 'rv lifestyle' and 'Full-time Rving'. Chock full of experienced people. Also a separate thread on campgrounds and RV parks.

Site is free to sign up. I can't begin to tell you how much I learned on that site before I got into using the popup. Learned everything I needed about 12-volt systems, towing, basic repairs, etc. Lots of info on everything rv. 

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

Solo RV Living

Message 4 of 4

Hello!! I recently retired, sold my house and thinking about hitting the road in a RV.

Would appreciate  suggestions regarding reliable planning resources, websites and so on.

I'm plan to travel solo on my adventures.  I'm looking for reliable guides to RV parks and resorts. As well as tips, advice for a novice RVer.

Plus any guidance on selecting an RV.

Does AARP offer any activities, discounts, resources for RV travel?

Thank you!  Have a sparkling day!

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.