Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Single Senior Travel

Message 81 of 109
Anybody interested in international travel? I can travel in the States alone, but overseas it helps to have a buddy. I am not interested in dating, just travel and learning.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 109
In Response to Re: Single Senior Travel:
You should try Elder Hostel....it is now called Road Scholar.  I have done two by myself.  A few women on these trips met each other on one of the trips and continued to travel together.
Posted by sleak13

That's a great organization. I find it, however, a bit pricey in lieu of accomodations and perks that I can eschew. I'd like to meet a fellow traveler who has their own ideas about where to go and what to do.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 109
Is this forum active at all? I am looking for travelig partners. Not a widow, just married to a guy who isn't interested in the same things as I am. I hate paying the extra as a single traveller.
Posted by Vinnygret

Hi, I too am looking for traveling partners.  Pattttttie@aol.com.  I'm not sure if your reply will reach me automatically so just address your message to my email.  Thanks.  Pat , Chicago
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 109
Will you be my travel buddy?  I'm a recently retired speech pathologist. My bucket list includes Indochina (SE Asia), India and the Baltic nations but what do you suggest? I'd also enjoy driving within the US and snowbirding in a warmer state for the winter.  I like cruising.  I've traveled DIY solo.  I've gone on guided tours.  I'm comfy in hostels and 5 star hotels.  I live in Chicago but want buddies from everywhere.  Are you ready to go??? Let's "talk".
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 109
Is this forum active at all? I am looking for travelig partners. Not a widow, just married to a guy who isn't interested in the same things as I am. I hate paying the extra as a single traveller.
Posted by Vinnygret

Hello.  I have the same situation.  Where are you located?Embarassed
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 109
In Response to Single Senior Travel:
Widowed senior wants to travel but not sure how to find a group of seniors in the Las Vegas, NV are to travel with.  NOT looking for a seniors mating service -- just others to travel with!
Posted by evamorrell

Hello.  When are you looking to go and where are you located.  Thank you.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 109
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 109
Have you joined the Single and Mingle Group?  or the Singles Perspective Revisted group?  There are a lot of single users there discussions topics about travel, dating and much more.
AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 109
Hi, I have tried from time to time to start forums for single senior travelers to get to know one another. Many people said thay wanted that. I went and found forum space and built a place for members to come in and post and get to know one another. To no avail. I was in there every day and not many ever posted. So it defeated the purpose when no one shows up. I have another cruise related forum. We have been together for many years now and most us have  met one another. We are all good friends. Most are not single but I am. I enjoy going to that forum every day to socialize with them. We have met from time to time for dinners around Florida. Lots of fun and a great group of people there. You would be welcome there.  Message me for info. OceanGoingGal
Posted by OceanGoingGal

Have an undying love of cruising but have used up all possible roommates, and handling flying, hotels, transfers, etc alone is getting hard. Would love to do Canada/New England, preferably for 14 days,Holland has a nice one this fall but I have never used them, I;m a RCCL/Celebrity fan.  Just off a Southern Charm tour with Collette and headed to Alaska in Aug with RCCL.  Anyone interested in sharing a cabin-let me know. I'm 80, female,widowed.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 109
would love a Celebrity cruise to Canada -New England this fall, but not alone! Need a roommate. Holland Line has a nice 2 week itinerary but have never used them, prefer Celebrity or Royal Carib. Living in AZ, it's a long haul to the East Coast for me, would love a travel mate.  I'm obviously female, widowed, 80 years old.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.