Have you checked your messages today?

In another discussion group, we discovered that many people did not know about the message center and were not accessing their messages of encouragement and friendship.

When you log in , under the Hello and your name on the right, you will see "messages" and a number. Click on that and the message center will pop up. You can read the messages sent to you here. Some were sent privately and have not been read yet.

You have not been forgotten, it's just that you have not read them yet!

Lots of love to you and yours,

Sharon

0 Kudos
Contributor

I keep recieving messages on my AARP page to pay for the year.  I am all paid up and I just want to enjoy the online games. I don't like being badgered to pay something I have already  paid for.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I have signed in and do not get the HELLO only my name--why not just add a tab for message center if AARP wants us to read messages? Is there any other way to get to your messages?
Contributor

There is no message center near my name either.  How do I collect my $10 Walmart card?

Contributor

Got an email I had won a gift card & go to messages to claim it. Can't find "messages" , looked under my name, not there. You said it's by "Hello", there is no hello. There is a "Hi" is that what you meant?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

ddharris42,

Congrants on receiving the email that you've won.  Sorry that you're experiencing issues with claiming the prize.  Would you please call 1.888.687.2277 and talk with an AARP Representative who can help you claim your prize.  

The hours are Monday - Friday:  7 a.m. - 11 p.m. ET.

@ddharris42 wrote:

Got an email I had won a gift card & go to messages to claim it. Can't find "messages" , looked under my name, not there. You said it's by "Hello", there is no hello. There is a "Hi" is that what you meant?

Contributor

I see Hi and my name, but no messages.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Sharon,

Still no number next to my name for the award I got for Target. Please help.

Thanks.

Phil

0 Kudos
Contributor

Apparently, other members have scoured this site also looking for "Message Center". All things considered, this is not a grave offense, but you've put an expiration date to winning this prize and THAT makes it unfair to us SENIORS.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

From what I can tell there is no message center except for the 1st sign-in of the day, giving you notice about your free daily sweepstakes entries. Also when you click on a personal email you received telling you of a win in either an auction or sweepstakes and that you need to confirm. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ElizabethBJ12 wrote:

Apparently, other members have scoured this site also looking for "Message Center". All things considered, this is not a grave offense, but you've put an expiration date to winning this prize and THAT makes it unfair to us SENIORS.

Hi @ElizabethBJ12 and welcome to the online community.

While I do participate in the Rewards For Good program, earning points daily, I don't play the R4G auctions, so I may be off base here, but is the message center the same thing what's depicted in these screen shots?

This navigation bar appears when you are logged into your R4G account.This navigation bar appears when you are logged into your R4G account.

Each day I get this message informing of a free sweepstakes entry for having logged in.Each day I get this message informing of a free sweepstakes entry for having logged in.

It this what you are looking for? @Travelwriter@Hank89@dianemelillo.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
0 Kudos

In Response to Have you checked your messages today?:

In another discussion group, we discovered that many people did not know about the message center and were not accessing their messages of encouragement and friendship.

When you log in , under the Hello and your name on the right, you will see "messages" and a number. Click on that and the message center will pop up. You can read the messages sent to you here. Some were sent privately and have not been read yet.

Sharon

hi sharon,,, read your posts in all my sites you sent post to.. Some days I look and no new postswww.aarp.org/community/editor/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/sad_smile.gif" /> I know It's summer and  most of us are enjoying this  wonderful weatherwww.aarp.org/community/editor/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/teeth_smile.gif" />.. In  the winter months theres more posts.. But I still love coming on here, and checking.. sometimes just reading them..BUT i am not one to keep  my little  mouth shut!!LOL  I love  all the groups I have joined and also  feel AARP is  saver then  others.. I too have met so many great people,, and wished  we all could meet..and maybe down the road it may happen..  we'll have to work on something!!LOL,,Bernee

0 Kudos
Contributor

There isn't a message next to my name to claim my award. Just have the drop down with my account, etc. ht am I doing wrong? Thanks!!
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

fm4842,

Would you please call 1.888.687.2277 and talk with an AARP Representative about claiming your award?  The AARP representative will be able to review your account details and help resolve this issue.

The hours are Monday - Friday:  7 a.m. - 11 p.m. ET.

@fm4842 wrote:
There isn't a message next to my name to claim my award. Just have the drop down with my account, etc. ht am I doing wrong? Thanks!!

0 Kudos

Sharon

0 Kudos
Contributor

There is not the word "message" by my "Hi Susan" in the upper right corner. I do not know where or how to accept my sweepstakes prize

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

codan, go to your past sweepstakes find the one you won click on it and a claim box should appear click on it. Hope this helps.
Contributor

I tried that.  No claim box.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @dianemelillo, how can we help you? For assistance, please call 1-888-687-2277 or send an email to member@aarp.org. Thank you.

Contributor

I am having the same issues as conan.  Can not get tomessage center.  Please help.

0 Kudos