AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Group trips

Message 1 of 7

I have been numerous times would love to go again.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 7

I traveled on a Globus group trip alone to Australia,  New Zealand and Figi in February and my fellow travelers were very welcoming and I met another single traveler who I am still in touch with. Next February I am taking a cruise to 4 Hawaiian islands with another group from Ambassadair travels. I was apprehensive about single travel before but with a group and a guide it is great. 

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 7

I haven’t traveled alone but am open to it. Most of my friends are married and now that I’m alone it’s hard to plan trips together. Besides, I’m open to meeting new people my age. 

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 7

I've travelled alone, with a small family group and on a guided tour with strangers and each has its benefit.  When I travelled alone to England and Scotland there were no language barriers and I met so many lovely people BECAUSE I was alone.  I found the Brits to be anything but standoffish - just polite.  As soon as I made myself available, they were wonderful conversationalists.  When I travelled to Hawaii last year, I took my dear daughter and son-in-law.  Having lived there as a child during the Koren War, I was able to show them some of the highlights.  Sharing with them was wonderful.  When my mom and I went to Poland we took a guided tour and that had its pluses and minuses.  Two weeks of being with the same unrelated people is just too long, in my opinion.  Since Mom spoke Polish, I think we could have gotten along well with just the two of us.  As it was, we had to hire a driver to take us to Mom's family town.  If Mom hadn't been there, would definitely have to have a guide/interpreter because of the language issues.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 7

Is everyone aware of the group trip site Road Scholar? This used to go by the name Elderhostel. You may wanty to look at their website and see what they have to offer. 

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Info Seeker

Message 6 of 7

I am interested in the same info.  I would enjoy travel and/or other social activities with others my age but would prefer not to go alone.  It would be a greaat opportunity to meet new people, both men and women, with similar interests.

Info Seeker

Group trips

Message 7 of 7

Does AARP ever plan/schedule organized trips?  I would like to take a trip to Hawaii, but I don't want to go alone.  I would prefer to travel with a group.  

Retired15