Live Your Best Life With Rewards for Good. Start Earning Reward Points Now. Get Started Now!

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Female RV Travel Buddy

Message 21 of 44

Howdy from Texas!      I have traveled in an RV in the past and it is the perfect answer to travel needs, in my opinion! I have swooshed into my 60's, a retired professional, don't smoke, don't drink, but I am always up for adventure...   :-)  I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but can meet up with where ever you origination point is.  I'd love to hear your thoughts and plans,.  Thanks so much for giving us this opportunity!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 22 of 44

Replying to: linda331 and  j616990b - joanne

Three active travelers have responded to my initial post and provided their email contact info.  I'm willing to do some research and planning for the group to start but need to know more about each person and their interest.  Thank you.

On Monday, August 21, 2017 is a Solar Eclipse.  The directly overhead path of the eclipse passes over the north west corner of NC, where I bought a cabin on a mountain top.  Just a consideration.  Judy

Info Seeker

Message 23 of 44

Hi Linda, I am retired from local government planning activities, 62, 2 grown children, and live in Texas but I am from Minnesota.  I am limited on travel due to eyesight  problems and depend on others for transportation.  I am also interested in seeing the US but can't seem to get there with vision problems.  I saw this on AARP and decideed to check it out. I need driver and someone with  common interest in travel and communicate well with others. Karen

Conversationalist

Message 24 of 44

Hello

This is Cherie

My dream is finding someone who would be happy to take me along on a trip lol. I can cook, clean, hey! Manage the house hold. I need to find my smile again and I want to see America. But do not have the money. I will be your assistant. Lost myself for a little bit but I am open to learn, open to new opportunities and be the strong woman I know I could be. 

Conversationalist

Message 25 of 44

Hi

Nice to hear from you. I live in Kingston, NY. I do not drive. I am legally blind. I can still see and that's why seeing America is my dream. Not sure how we can meet but will be happy to talk to you. 

Cherie

Info Seeker

Message 26 of 44

I reread your post and see that you are looking for an RV travel buddy.  I have done some RV traveling when younger, but we got away from it, deciding that motels were about same price when all expenses were considered.  Actually, at my age now, I prefer organized tours, where all arrangements are made in advance and we just sit and enjoy.  If anything goes wrong, they take care of it.  It seems to me that is best for widows our age.  I have had some marvelous trips that way; I try to do about two a year, but have none planned at the moment.  Contact me and let me know what you think.

Info Seeker

Message 27 of 44

Hello,

I am Anne, also own a second home in western NC, where I am today.  Otherwise, I live in a retirement community in north GA.  I love to travel, have done lots of camping when younger, but not now.  I am 82 also, almost 83.   I have seen Europe several times, also have traveled in South America, Africa, and eastern Canada and Alaska, but would love to see all of the US, particularly the west and west coast areas.  I formerly lived in Florida, and have covered that state extensively in my former work life.  I was a professional educator.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 28 of 44

Hi, I saw your request on AARP, and I was interested in getting to know a bit more. 

I own an RV, 26 footer, generator, so we have all the immenities to travel. The one thing I would look for during travel would be RV camp or parking areas with water. These units don't allow for a lot of storage in that department. 

SO, a bit about me: Now 60, Mom-3 adult kids, Grandma-13, semi-retired school teacher, educated; but not so much I can't learn a new lesson from what life brings me. Live in Minnesota, so I am smack in the middle. Travel either way would be an adventure.

Get to know each other more and then if all works out begin on travel plans to see where we could go. Let me know Linda.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 29 of 44

Hi Judy, I'm from Minnesota. Now 60, Mom of 3 and grandma of 13. Semi-retired school teacher. I own an RV. I too am looking to traveling some. I loved Washington DC and all of the Smithsonian Museums, but I think just driving down the east coast would be wonderful. I have always been curious about Maine on down to see the ocean, some mountains too. As I see you are from CT, that may be a good place to start. Let me know if you know of anything specific that would be of interest. Particular tours, regional events, park specials and I'll chek too. We will see if we can come together for a grand trip. We may have to take camping, RV parking areas into consideration for bathing water: these things don't hold much for that commodity. We have stove, fridge, air, heat electric all run by the generator, but alas, water is short. Love to hear from you.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 30 of 44

Good Morning, Great to hear from you. I will tell you a little about me first off, so wecan get to know each other better. As noted I'm 60, semi-retired school teacher, Mom of 3 adults, grandma of 13, divorced over 20 years, so very independent, knowledgable, but not so smart I can't learn a lesson once in awhile. Go to church every Sunday. Just looking to enjoy this time in my life with some new friends, sites, adventure and fun. Let em know a little about you too.

Then we can look at where we would like to start? We may need to take camping or park areas into consideration. My RV has a generator, so we are good on cooking: stove and oven, fridge, heat, air, but not a lot of water storage, plus a small grill.  I'm Minnesota, right in the middle, so either way is the same for me.

Then we can just begin depending on where you live.  For water excersions, We could see the East coast. I have always been curious about PA or Maine. Drive the coast as far south as we can go...

The west coast offers much the same with Washington down to Mexico if we wanted and everything in between. Can't say as I'm real crazy about traveling in California, maybe around it, LOL. 

I will start with checking out Nat'l Park sites and location, and you check out your interests, and we'll see if we can come together on an adventure. Thanks Linda