Do airlines and bus companies reserve the right to "dawdle' on a suggestion?

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Do airlines and bus companies reserve the right to "dawdle' on a suggestion?

Message 1 of 2

I think the whole idea of 'senior discounts' is counter-productive. I believe it perpetuates the myth that seniors need more help and works against the idea that older people can do anything younger people can do.

So no, I won't encourage anyone to provide 'welfare' simply because I'm old. 

".....I suggested to them that they should lower that to 55 so that more AARP members can afford to buy tickets.....".

Studies show that seniors, as a group, are more financially secure than other adults. Especially the 55-65 group.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Do airlines and bus companies reserve the right to "dawdle' on a suggestion?

Message 2 of 2

I emailed Southwest Airlines about redoing their senior fares since according to them, you have to be 65 to get the senior discounts.  I suggested to them that they should lower that to 55 so that more AARP members can afford to buy tickets.  And one time, I suggested to Greyhound that they restore a route going along U.S. 67 in Missouri and also have a local service stopping in Festus, Ste. Gennevieve, and in Cape Girardeau, MO.  They said they would take note but I haven't heard word since then.  Sometimes Greyhound will even dawdle and ignore their customers.  That is if you are a law-abiding middle-class citizen.  And I am worried that if I keep contacting them that someday they could contact the police and have me arrested for harassment.  Which would could put me in jail for 20 years.  I am not sure if airlines, Amtrak, or Greyhound reserves the rights to dawdle on the suggestions you give them or what.  But I want all members here on this board to contact Southwest and see if they can lower the age limit from 65 to 55 so that more AARP members can get discounts on tickets.  

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.