Forced Nursing Home Evictions Must Stop. AARP Foundation Is Helping Protect the Most Vulnerable. Learn How

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?

Message 221 of 264

I'm 63 and still work full time so one or two trips a year is good for now.  I like both domestic and abroad, but no cruises.  I prefer to visit touristy areas but stay outside them to get a feel for authenticity.  I like to savor time in each area and not feel rushed to cover lots of ground.  I would love to ride the train from one end of Russia to the other.  I prefer Europe, but am open to other areas.  I live in Mobile, Alabama and am a non-smoker.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 222 of 264

In Response to Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?:

Like your choices of destinations. I'm getting in shape this year for my trip to Tanzania in November (though I'd love to go to Italy then!)  When I'm fitter, I'll be ready for some of those hiking vacations!

I went to Tanzania and Kenya in May of 2007.  I was lucky to be there for the Great Migration.  If part of your trip involves going to a Masai village, bring something for the kids, not candy, maybe balloons.  I wish I had brought some decks of cards for the teacher.

Posted by LSPosey

Info Seeker

Message 223 of 264

I love the idea of meeing up at the AARP convention in Las vegas to exchange names and numbers.  If anyone has been to the convention before and can suggest a "where" that would be great - this is my first time there.

Conversationalist

Message 224 of 264

In Response to Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?:

I will be retiring in a few months and I'm ready to start travelling again.  I'm going to Italy with the local chapter of AAA in November.  In the next few years I would like to go to Costa Rica, cruise the Danube and/or the Rhine, hike in Peru, hike at Glacier National Park. Although I have done solo travelling, I would like to travel with a companion. I live in very southern Maine, next to NH. I belong to several Meetips groups, but I prefer to travel with a few people and not a group of 40 women. 

Sounds interesting.  I also would like to travel with a few people with similar interests.  I love taking the trains around Europe.  I have taken a cruise with two other women and it was great because we were together but could take separate tours on the islands and meet up for dinner.  I good way to get a taste of different islands t see if you want to go back and explore.

Posted by mjohnson47

Conversationalist

Message 225 of 264

I am from Indianapolis.  I would love to travel more.  I am still employeed (50) so my time and finances are limited.  I like art shows, antiques, animals, and lake side anything.  I enjoy heading up north to Michigan, Wisconsin, etc... but would also enjoy heading south to some of the beautiful country side there.  

Posted by kforeman01

I also love flea markets/yard sales.  Have you ever been to Shipshawana, IN flea market? I would like to do that one this year.   My sister and I are going to try to do the longest yard sale from Mich. to Alabama in Aug.

Info Seeker

Message 226 of 264

Meeeting in Vegas at the convention sounds like a great idea.  Where shall we meet?

I am also interested in cruising and any U S travel, as well.

Posted by raebaby11

Could meet for dinner on Saturday night or brunch on Sunday morning.  Would either of those work for you?

Sunday morning brunch would be best and easier to get to with all the crowds, Sat. night is hectic.

Posted by NancyKast

Conversationalist

Re: Attn: drivng west this summer in my 26 ft rv--goal oregon..anyone want a leg of this journey?

Message 227 of 264

Your RV trip sounds like fun. Glacier NP is on my bucket list. I live in Houston - you'll probably come thru here on way to Austin. We should talk. I also want to see Australia beyond Sydney. Did a pretty thorough NZ tour years ago, but could be persuaded to go back. I'm retired, mid-60s, widowed. I have a big trip to Tanzania coming up in Nov., so don't know how much other major travel I want to take on, but I'm loving your travel ideas and sense of adventure!

In Response to Re: Attn: drivng west this summer in my 26 ft rv--goal oregon..anyone want a leg of this journey?:

Now planning to journey from home in st augusitne, florida to oregon via new orleans, austin, denver up to glacier national park in montana....not sure of order.....anyone want to come for all or part of trip?--sleeps three.

Next year plan to visit australia and into new zeland where I hear it is best to rent an rv--doing south island as I have already been to north island.

Posted by rdchef

Conversationalist

Message 228 of 264

Like your choices of destinations. I'm getting in shape this year for my trip to Tanzania in November (though I'd love to go to Italy then!)  When I'm fitter, I'll be ready for some of those hiking vacations!

In the next few years I would like to go to Costa Rica, cruise the Danube and/or the Rhine, hike in Peru, hike at Glacier National Park.  

Posted by mjohnson47

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Attn: drivng west this summer in my 26 ft rv--goal oregon..anyone want a leg of this journey?

Message 229 of 264

HI all,

I just returned from traveling a month in south america...stayed at hostels...worked out great!

Now planning to journey from home in st augusitne, florida to oregon via new orleans, austin, denver up to glacier national park in montana....not sure of order.....anyone want to come for all or part of trip?--sleeps three.

Next year plan to visit australia and into new zeland where I hear it is best to rent an rv--doing south island as I have already been to north island.

I am 60 and free to just roam.....you can also contact me at matrix0204@gmail.com

I started the looking for travel companions discussion group on AARP.

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Attn: drivng west this summer in 26 ft RV--goal oregon

Message 230 of 264

Hi all,

I just returned from south america where I traveled solo using hostels...it worked out great!

Now I am planning a trip west stopping at national parks. I own a 26 ft RV...I am starting journey in st augustine , fl...going through new orleans and hopefully denver area. Anyone want to join me for even part of the trip? Also want to see glacier national park in Montana..  Then plan on going to australia and new zeland next year...anyone interested? I am 60 and free to travel as much as possible.....

can also email me at matrix0204@gmail.com. I started teh looking for travel companions area on this site.