Contributor

Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?

Hi, I am a female that loves to travel. I do a lot of solo traveling. I've done my share of research on single travel clubs. I love the concept, but the prices they charge is overwhelming. I am willing to travel by any mode except cruises.

My logic for omitting cruises is because you can only visit a location for a day or two tops, and then at night you have to be back on the ship.  I like my freedom.

I am hoping to meet a few females who are interested to gathering together to travel once or twice each year. We can all get acquainted via email and perhaps by the end of this year or whenever the time is right, we can plan our trips and off we go.

Is anyone interested in this idea? Your thoughts?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi

I am definitely interested.

I enjoy cruising, so when you get this off the ground, please incorporate a section for that

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Patty, 

Sounds great, I'd love to go on a crusie around December 17th-23rd.  I can fly out of Denver.  Or go to Cancun-I'm looking to get some sun in over the cold holiday season.  Kim 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello, My name is Donna. I am 64 and live in southern Indiana. I am retired and love to travel. Most of my friends are married so only travel with their husbands. I would like to meet someone like minded. I don't have unlimited means, so would need to budget. I love the ocean and the mountains. I've been on one cruise, and loved it. So I have a passpport.I am in good health, would also like to start hiking more.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Donna, 

I too am looking for soemone to travel with.  I am a special education teacher and have Christmas time or summers to travel.  I am 57 and in ok shape, walk, talk and converse fine-lol.  I woild certainly entertain the idea of a cruise at christmas time, never been on one.  Splitting costs would be marvelous.  I am adventerous and love the sun.  I am a social drinker and a smoker but respect others space and won't smoke near you if you don't.  I was thinking about a 4 day cruise around christmas.  If that sounds applealing please let me know.  I am open arounf the 17rh of Decemeber til the 1st of January.  Hope to find someone to share a fantastic experience.  Kim 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello Kim, I am interested in doing a cruise and splitting cost. I also love the mountains and the ocean. Are you up for more types of vacations or short trips, too? I live in southern Indiana. Where are you from?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi my name is Jeanie

I would love to meet other female travelers. 

I just booked a cruise sailing on 9/2/18 for 7 days. Going solo but would love to find like minded travelers for future travels.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Jeanie, 

I am 57 and looking for travel friends also. I live in NW Nebraska and teach special education in the area. My son finally has graduate from college and has a professional job and mom has more money for herself - lol. I am a teacher and can't go on your cruise but would certainly entertain traveling around December 17th-23rd.  I have never been on a cruise, so I would certainly like a cruise. I met a lady from AARP in June and we went to Boston and Bar Harbor ME- throughly enjoyed the trip.  We did talk about possibly going to San Deigo and LA around Christmas time. Let me know if you might be intersed in planning a trip either around Christmas or next summer.  Some place of interest are NW USA-Oregon,Washington, San Deigo/LA, Banff Canada, Costa Rica to name a few.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

hello   my name is sharon,  i am 60 years  old   and live in  sloatsburg, ny,  rockland county.  so tell me about  yourself   

sharon maydet
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Sharon,

As I stated in my original post my name is Jeanie, I live in Illinois, Southwest suburbs, I am 58 with a birthday coming very soon.  :-).

Nice to meet you.  Have you traveled much?  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi my name is Marcia and I am 66, still work, and live in Prince George county Va, just outside of Richmond, Va.  I would love to travel duirng the year to see new and exciting places.  I have a daughter and we go to the Florida and carribean many times which I love but would love to see other places . Now  my daughter is married and she has her own life and cant really get together as often to visit other areas.  I agree with you on cruises as I love to be able to site see and visit as long as i want without having to go back on a ship.  My only problem which isnt really a problem is I am not versed too well getting around in airports and checking in etc as my daughter has always been in charge.  But would love the idea  thanks

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hallmark is one of the main reasons I still have cable;) 

They have the most decent, and moral programming, with only a couple of exceptions I've seen on hallmark "main" channel.  But Hallmark Movies and Mysteries seems very good;)

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would love to travel with a gal that we both figured we would get along.  We could go just for a weekend, or more, and see how it went.  I can go for 3 months (give or take a month) during the Summer, and contribute $700 a month on expenses.  I have to maintain my home on the West Coast, but the rest I can blow on what I want.

My preference would be to go with a gal, but if the right "kind" of man came along that didn't expect us to play "house" than that could work too.  Who knows, maybe I would end up wanting to play house.  In that case, I would hope he felt the same, lol;)

Anyway, I'm open to the idea because I'm going crazy in retirement, love to travel, know my way around an RV, and like to cook, no drooling, yet;) Denise

0 Kudos
Contributor

I love my Hallmark Channel so my dream is to go to Vermont in the fall. I would really like to visit there and some of the places that they show on Hallmark. Silly I know but this is what I want.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

hello from other HALLMARK  CHANNEL PERSON.  I love the movies on hallmark,  I take  out  them when ever I can found them in the library,  they are nice  simple  movies  , I myself  am 60 years old, on my own, still working full time.  where do you live.  I also  love too readin, go for walks,  movies,  old movies  are the best,  but I did see a very good funny movie  that just came out,  the  book club, that was funny.  I myself live in sloatsburg,ny.  I also love too travel,  play scrabble.   Sharon

sharon maydet
0 Kudos
Contributor

How about New Yorkers Love to travel and tour my city ,lost almost Allmy friends and need To make new acquaintances for Spring/Summer 2018

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello Maymay.  My name is Becky Bender and Im interested in a travel buddy as well.  Im a retired teacher, live in NE Ohio and have my bucket list ready!  Im a non smoker (but ok if you are), social drinker, and in pretty good shape for 62!  While Im game for just about any adventure and have adequate finances, Im really not interested in extravagantly expensive trips.  If I sound like someone you may want to travel with please email me at: atealover2@roadrunner.com.  Please put AARP travel in the subject line as I dont open emails from strangers.  Hope to hear from your soon!

Becky

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi MayMay, 

I certainly would love to travel this summer, I have all summer off and am itching to do some fun things summer of 2018.  I am in NE Nebraska, love national parks, the coastal areas, mountains, lakes  but not much of a hicker.  Would love to plan some sort of one to two week trip.  Could fly out of Denver to almost anywhere and it's cheaper to have two people.  Have been eyeing the Coastal Starlight Amtrack from Los Angeles to Seattle.  Plus the trails and rails.  Well enough babbling.  Please contact if you are seriuos,  Kim 

0 Kudos
Contributor

HI Kim.  Saw your response to MayMay and thought Id drop you a line.  I, too, am looking for a travel buddy.  Im  retired teacher living in NE Ohio, with a wide open schedule and a long bucket list!  Im game for just about any location and have adequate financial resources, but am not interested in really costly vacations.  Would like to talk with you and maybe make some plans to meet and see if we fit.  Look forward to hearing from you!  

Becky

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

hello,  I went two years ago in august  for 2 weeks for the first time with my girlfriend too **bleep** , and  then we ended up at the grand cannon, we went by amtrack.  I thought that was some way of traveling.  and my girlfriend and I had so so many other trips we were thinking of,  but she passed away in Sept.  and I also was thinking that I dont want too give up traveling for 2018,  and I dont want too travel on my own. I enjoy craft fairs, sitting outside under an umbrella eating outside  , walking, but  just simple walking, going in and out of the stores,  laughing, companionship,  I still work full time,  and I myself live in Sloatsburg, NY  ,  I am going too be 60 years old,     Sharon    smaydet@ramapo.edu

sharon maydet
0 Kudos
Contributor

hello, yes i am interested in a travel buddies, im flexable. i have a bucket list of things or places i want to visit. i have found it is thousand dollors cheeper to travel with a buddie. the more money i save the more places i can see on this beautiful blue planet.

Greenthumb99
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello Carol!  My name is Becky and I am looking for a travel buddy as well.  Im a retired teacher from NE Ohio.  My schedule is open and my bucket list is long!  LOL!  Im easy to travel with, a non smoker, social drinker. and in pretty good shape for 62!  My finances are adequate but am not interested in extravagantly expensive trips.  Would like to get to know you more and see if we could fit.  I m having a hard time on hear getting back to my orginal post.  So if you want, please email at: atealover2@roadrunner.com.   Please put AARP Travel in subject line as I dont open emails from strangers.  Look forward to hearing from you!  

Becky

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

hello my name is Sharon. I am also interested in meeting females too try  with.      smaydet@ramapo.edu

sharon maydet
0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm definately interested in meeting travel buddies.  I'm retiring at the end of this month (12/17) and would love to get out and see how others live.  Would love to travel to the Thousand Islands on the St. Lawrence River, as well as many other places. I live in Texas, near Austin.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello Barbara!  Congratulations on your retirement!  Yeah!!!!!  Im a retired teacher, live in NE ohio and am in need of a travel buddy as well.  Im game for just about any location and my schedule if wide open.  Why dont you get back to me and see if we fit?  Look forward to hearing from you.  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi, 

I must say I am jealous of someone being able to retire(congrats), I still have about 10 years.  I am interested in traveling but would have to be in June -end of July. That area looks fanstastic to find adventures.  Are looking to fly or drive? I am in western Nebraska, could meet in Iowa if drive or easily fly out of Denver.  Some other ladies I know have been tossing the idea around of Amtrak's Coast Starlight, which extends from the northerly reaches of Seattle down to Los Angeles,  $97.00.      Kim 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Kim.  Thank you for responding and for the congrats. The end of June or July sounds good....hopefully peaceful weather around that time.  I'm originally from western Iowa and my mother had moved to western Nebraska before she passed so I'm very familiar with your area as well.  I'm up for traveling by car, plane, train...the seat of my pants (haha), whatever time allows.  The train trip you mentioned sounds fun as well.  Barbara  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm looking for a travel buddy for Antarctica. Are you adventurous. I've looked at a number of trips, and I've been saving for years.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm very interested in a travel mate.  I've driven, by myself, across the US several times stopping at historic sites, national parks, etc. Would like to find mate with similar interest.  I'm an active 70 yrs old, who still has a long bucket list.  If interested contact me!

Periodic Contributor

I would certainly go for a trip, I'm in Nebraska and would love to see more of Este Park in Colo.  Where are you.  I do like to keep costs down not staying at 5 star places.  But could pay for my share.  I am 56 yrs old, not too good on long walks though.  Have hip replacements both side.  Can walk though fine as long as it is not too far. Enjoy sightseeing from car, shorter excursions ect. Dining out.   Kim C

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos