Hundreds of Member Benefits. One Convenient Place to Explore Them. Check it Out!

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Term Life Insurance for someone who has had cancer.

Message 1 of 4

You may want to post this here,  https://community.aarp.org/t5/Medicare-Insurance/bd-p/bf59 , and read some of the topics already placed there, if you haven't already.

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 4

RussellMcLaughlin wrote:

I'm looking for a policy, of not a large amount, 50k -100k, with a five to ten year term.  I'm 52.  I've had breast cancer, stage one.  I wonder if something is out there, that doesn't cost a fortune?  

Have you been breast cancer free for at least 5-years including all your test for other types too?  

Not cost a fortune ?  Most likely it will be high -  but that term is relative to different people.

You can check your situation out with a broker who might write for several different companies.  However, you should make sure that if a company decides to write write you, they should be checked for their rating - financial standing.

A broker could try application with one insurer and then if that fails have another to submit to for possible approval. 

You will most likely have to submit medical info and a medical review by their medical staff.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 4

I would look at the New York Life policies advertised on AARP.  I have, but am still uncertain.  Everyone’s situation is different and my wife and I have planned for final costs.

That said, I will tell you our entire life together - 42 years - is defined by this disease.  We now enjoy freedom from this foe after 3 rounds since 2000.  For us the key is to stay positive.  Get rid of the negative things in your life.  Trust your doctors.  And remember the past is past, tomorrow is promised to no one, and the present is a gift.  Live each day like it is your birthday and Christmas all rolled into one.

Info Seeker

Term Life Insurance for someone who has had cancer.

Message 4 of 4

I'm looking for a policy, of not a large amount, 50k -100k, with a five to ten year term.  I'm 52.  I've had breast cancer, stage one.  I wonder if something is out there, that doesn't cost a fortune?