Contributor

Surviving spouse benifits.

My husband past away 4 years ago,he was 56,i collected ssi for about three years until my daughter turned 18,them it just stopped,and thats all the benifits i recieved from his passing.am i entitled to spousel benifits,such as pension,retiement,and will i collect ssi again?or was that all the benifits iam intittled to.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@SherriV339851 wrote:
My husband past away 4 years ago,he was 56,i collected ssi for about three years until my daughter turned 18,them it just stopped,and thats all the benifits i recieved from his passing.am i entitled to spousel benifits,such as pension,retiement,and will i collect ssi again?or was that all the benifits iam intittled to.

I think you mean SS (Social Security) rather than SSi (Supplemental Security Income). 

If you do mean Social Security - you are talking about the Surviving Spouse Benefit or Widow's Benefit.

Read the Widow or Widowers Section of this Social Security Survivors page.

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/survivors/ifyou.html#h2 

It is helpful to use the correct terminology when talking to the SSA - 

You are a "Survivor" - you are asking about "Survivor" benefits - this covers Widowers or Widows.

Spousal benefits are something else.

Once you read this page on SS - if you have more question, come back and ask them.

I have asked the moderator to move this post to the "Social Security" board just so it is in the right place.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Put on your boogie shoes for the Daybreaker Live: Saturday Morning Fever: A Disco Dance with AARP! Shake your groove thing to live performances featuring Sister Sledge and Indigo Girls on June 26, 2021 at 11 a.m. ET. Register Here AARP Daybreaker Live: Saturday Morning Fever

Members Can Earn Cash Back

Earn 3% cash back rewards at gas stations and drug stores with AARP Membership. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Join Us For a Concert!

Celebrate Black Music Month and learn more about the powerful connections between music and health during an AARP virtual performance featuring R&B singer Raheem DeVaughn on June 28, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. EST. Register Here.

AARP Concert Series