Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Surviving spouse benifits.

My husband past away 4 years ago,he was 56,i collected ssi for about three years until my daughter turned 18,them it just stopped,and thats all the benifits i recieved from his passing.am i entitled to spousel benifits,such as pension,retiement,and will i collect ssi again?or was that all the benifits iam intittled to.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@SherriV339851 wrote:
My husband past away 4 years ago,he was 56,i collected ssi for about three years until my daughter turned 18,them it just stopped,and thats all the benifits i recieved from his passing.am i entitled to spousel benifits,such as pension,retiement,and will i collect ssi again?or was that all the benifits iam intittled to.

I think you mean SS (Social Security) rather than SSi (Supplemental Security Income). 

If you do mean Social Security - you are talking about the Surviving Spouse Benefit or Widow's Benefit.

Read the Widow or Widowers Section of this Social Security Survivors page.

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/survivors/ifyou.html#h2 

It is helpful to use the correct terminology when talking to the SSA - 

You are a "Survivor" - you are asking about "Survivor" benefits - this covers Widowers or Widows.

Spousal benefits are something else.

Once you read this page on SS - if you have more question, come back and ask them.

I have asked the moderator to move this post to the "Social Security" board just so it is in the right place.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP