Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

Message 631 of 675

"Just got off the phone and a friend who receives Social Sec., he just received it."

But did he file 2018 or 2019 taxes or file on the IRS's web site for a dependant?

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 632 of 675

That is my exact point. What was said weeks ago is that SS that had DD would get the 2nd week into their accounts. Then the Commisioner gets on stage and states soon. These are being changed on the go and not the actual first plan of dispursement. Whatever is said yesterday does not hold because today it is something different. It is supposed to go into our DD accounts, not check or next year. I can show dozens of promises that are never kept. Why does the IRS Get my payment site not work for like 70 million people. Because they do not have the DD accounts in 3 week from SS. If you make a blanket statement and never hold to it then what good is your word? All we have gotten from everyone is hearsay, speculations and lies. I am also hearing now is that SS will get last? Why is that since we all have DD accounts for years? Now checks are being sent out before the DD ones. Again makes sense huh? Thanks for the info that again is hearsay and not written down as fact. Meaning if it does not come to pass it is usless just like the IRS Get My Payment site which does not work. Okay there is no choice but to wait then. No matter what is printed, staged or promised. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 633 of 675

The Treasury said SSI recipients would see the money directly sent to them by early May at the latest through direct deposit, paper check, or Direct Express debit card.

Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown of Ohio had advocated for the change, and he praised the decision in a tweet.

"Glad the IRS is listening to us," he said on Twitter. "People should not have to jump though bureaucratic hoops to get their stimulus checks."

Just got off the phone and a friend who receives Social Sec., he just received it.

We need to be patient, I'm one of those having to wait till early May at the latest.. their words.. not mine..

Smiles...

It broke my heart to lose you but you didn't go alone, for part of me went with you the day God took you home!!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 634 of 675

04/24/2020

Still no info from Get My Payment IRS site. It does not work. If your a non filer and just waiting for a simple DD into your SS account like promised they give you zero info. We were told by this week there would be a DD deposit in to accounts. No one I know has gotten such a DD unless they filed or added dependents. There is nothing to be added. Just send it to DD account that millions of us already have set up for years. The soon has been stated week in and week out. The sites putting out such information plus the SS commisioner lying out his mouth at least 3 times the past 10 days that these DD deposits are being made. Gives impression they are happenig now. Then soon comes out of his lying mouth. Should be fired. Its a discrace. 3 weeks and the IRS can not get the SS numbers of accounts to process? There is no other info to give the IRS but just to find out when, what and where are these monies going to be in our accounts. It gives you no information. It even states those on SS, SSI, SI, Va and RR there is no info. I mean wth. You can not ask them why, you can not contact them. SS is closed yet SS commisioner says soon for the past 10 days? Its one lie after another and then every media, or sites say go here to get your payment. Its a joke. It does not work, period! You can not get what you were promisses  or even a reason why your not. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 635 of 675

My problem isn't that I didn't receive my stimulus, but that I got it by snail-mail, not direct deposit, despite receiving SS benefits by DD since the beginning fo 2019. I can find NO way at all to correct the IRS from sending me 'whatever' by check, rather than by DD. They messed up a refund on my 2017 taxes, all because I had to enter the 9th digit of the bank routing number by hand, as the online form wouldn't accept but 8 digits. I called the IRS at the time. They said the IRS 'has the right to refuse to send refunds by DD' if it deems any little thing on the form is 'suspect', such as, 8 digits of a bank routing number being filled in online, and the last one by hand. Even though the numbers were totally correct! The IRS refused at that time to do a d*mn thing about it! My bank is NOT even close to local; I do everything online, but checks, I am forced to snail-mail to them--NOT good. I wonder if they'll even receive what I mailed them today? I trust the USPS about as much as I do the IRS... 😞

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 636 of 675

I, too, received my stimulus check by mail (April 23, though it's dated April 24). I've been receiving my SS benefits since Jan 2019--by direct deposit!  I DID file taxes in 2018--owed a small amount. Didn't supply bank info, as no refund would be coming. Also filed in 2019, even though I owed nothing, as I wanted IRS to have a 'record'. Now then--I was due a large-ish refund on my taxes back in 2017, provided all correct bank info for direct deposit (have done it a few times before and it always worked) but they didn't honor the direct deposit--refund came by mail, because their idiot software wouldn't allow me to enter 9 digits for bank routing, only 8, thus after I filled out my paper form online and printed it out, I put that last digit in by hand, very neatly. THAT kept the stupid IRS from honoring the direct deposit! Am I being totally dissed by the IRS now, all direct deposit info totally disregarded because of THEIR error on my 2017 tax form? Or is it because I send in paper forms, don't do taxes online, since IRS will NOT allow me to sign up for an account with them as I have no 'smart phone' and do NOT want one? My bank isn't local--USAA is in San Antonio TX and I live far north of that, in TX. I truly despise the IRS. WHEN are they going to have some way for me to CORRECT their STUPID mistake from back on the 2017 taxes? For that matter, what about Social Security? THEY have no problem sending my monthly benefit directly to my bank! I am sick and tired of being LIED to. I swear, federal gov't employees must all have extremely low IQs! 

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 637 of 675

But you begrudge me for being single and on Social Security asking me why I think I deserve it.  That's what I call "nasty" and greedy.

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 638 of 675

Common sense tells us why we have not gotten the 1200 dollars yet. I read in a few articles that the DEADLINE for those trying to get the 500 dollars per kid was Wed. at 12:00 noon. So what does that deadline tell us ? That they were not going to send out ANY CHECKS to Social Security recipients until after that deadline, else why have the deadline? 

They didn't want to send out all the 1200 dollar checks and have others saying, well where is my 500 dollar portion for my kids ? So they just posted a deadline, and now since that deadline is passed, our checks should start being delivered. 

I have a plan to get me a nice 65 inch TV with mine and to spruce up my bathroom with the money left over. 

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 639 of 675

And you have no idea who I am. Why would you stoop to calling me a "nasty person?" I didn't call you a name or say anything bad about you. I said how I feel. This is why I hate these forums. There's always someone who takes everything personal so I'm out of here. BTW, before you call people "nasty" maybe you should look in the mirror.

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 640 of 675

AlanS702720, you are so on point.  That's exactly where I'm at.  You summed it up perfectly.  Can't believe what you hear or what the IRS or their minions tell you.  Just hope I get it because I know and you know, we can surely use it.  And they wonder why we don't trust Government.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users