Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Re: Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

Message 51 of 675

some people got the may 28th date for payment . I still have not gotten any response but no info from the port hole where my payment thing. even though they said not to fill out the non flier form i'm getting ready to fill it out cause this is b.s. waiting &waiting &waiting when all the other people get theres. they don't even give you a date.and calling is a total joke you still get automated crap NEVER A PERSON..I LOST MY PAITENCE 3 WEEKS AGO...No ONE can claim me I have dd same account for 15yrs. what is the problem here..... if i dont get it by fri or any info by fri im gonna go ahead and fill out the non fliers crap see if that does any good... the is rediclious............

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 52 of 675

Your serious lack of knowledge on the difference between an illegal immigrant and a legal alien resident is blatant for all to see.  Read up a little before you post.  So easy to quickly throw out the words illegal immigrants and blame them for your troubles.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 53 of 675

You are showing your ignorance.  Maybe you should read up before you post something like that.  Illegal residents are NOT getting the stimulus money bc they have no social security number There are other people that are legal aliens who although not a US citizen, has LEGALLY permitted to work and live in the United States.  They are not US citizens but they do pay taxes here and they ARE PERMITTED to get the stimulus check since they pay taxes.

Stop blaming illegal immigrants for all your problems and know the difference between the two when you post.  The legal aliens are probably paying more in US taxes than you are.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 54 of 675
Amen to someone who understands something before they post about it.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 675
Patience. That is all that people need, patience. The IRS stated payments would be made through end of May INTO June and it is not even the end of May yet. Good for you.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 56 of 675
There are people called resident aliens who are NOT citizens of our country, yet get permission to work here and PAY US taxes and yes, they are entitled to it bc they are paying taxes in our country. Illegals do not have ss security numbers so they are not paying taxes. They wanted to get the money into the people's hands who needed it the most like those where I live in NY. Those people lost their jobs suddenly and without warning and UE had not kicked in and they are cash poor. They had no money coming in and have children to feed so the idea was to get it to them as quickly as possible. It is ironic that the biggest complainers are those who are receiving benefits like me, SSDI, SS or SSI and we are not paying taxes now and we are still getting our monthly benefits.

The second bill has already been killed so do not expect a second stimulus check. The IRS is doing the best they can DURING A PANDEMIC (which most seem to forget) and had to pay out over 100 million people and without much notice. There were many people (the ones who were working) that needed that money desperately. Those of us on benefits should have been the last bc we are still getting our monthly benefits.

You are not understanding the difference between an illegal citizen and a resident alien. A resident alien was not born in the US and is not a citizen, but has permission to work in the United States and they also pay US taxes so they are entitled to the stimulus money because they are paying TAXES.

The second bill about a second stimulus was already killed and is moot as was expected.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 675

They are still training people.  but if you and everyone keeps calling about their money, when clearly they are still sending the money out, nobody would ever get their money.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 58 of 675
You are not understanding the difference between an illegal citizen and a resident alien. A resident alien was not born in the US and is not a citizen, but has permission to work in the United States and they also pay US taxes so they are entitled to the stimulus money because they are paying TAXES.

Illegal residents are NOT getting the check because although they work they do not have a social security number. So before you get all upset and start blaming others and stating THEY cannot understand, you really need to read and know the difference because it is YOU that does not understand. And the resident aliens are probably paying more in taxes than you.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 59 of 675
Their are people working temporarily in our country and are paying taxes. Just because they are not citizens does not make them illegals. They are working and paying taxes in our country. They should not be referred to as illegals. They are foreign born, not US citizens but work in our country and pay taxes>

In general, a resident alien is subject to the same taxes as a U.S. citizen.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 60 of 675

I was taught never count your chickens before they were hatched.  I am sure you will receive it as I read they will be paying the stimulus check through end of May and through June.  Maybe they sent it to an account you have not used in a while.  If so the bank mails it back, and then the IRS mails it to you at the last know address they have on file for you which means it will be a bit delayed.  I hope you have been living at your address for a while. 

Not sure if you get SS, SSDI, SSI or have filed or not filed taxes.  There are different variations but they are not done yet.  So be careful and check your mail bc maybe you will be one of those people who receive the $1,200 on a debit card (not the same as the direct express card).   

Plus, anyone that has received payment (or the IRS think they should have received payment already) gets a letter from the IRS acknowledging that it was sent to me.  So if you have not received that letter yet, that is a good sign in that it means they did not send yours out.  

Have you checked the Get My Payment yet on the IRS site?  I get SSDI dd into my account and yet I received a paper check.  Some people NOW will be getting prepaid debit cards with the $1,200 on it.  What does the get My payment portal on the IRS page say when you input your information.

As to the second check, don't even start worrying about that. It was rendered moot already.

THE FATE OF THE HEROES ACT

A week ago, hopes were briefly raised for a second stimulus check when the House passed a new $3 trillion economic stimulus package that included direct payments to Americans ($1,200 for individuals and $2,400 for married couples, plus additional payments for dependents). But the Heroes Act was called “dead on arrival” by Republicans, and that’s exactly what happened.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Pen Pal Safety

Take pen pal safety precautions.
Learn more.

Top Authors